• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Insurance

Photielou

Warren Scout
I have a Mini Lop Flump & we are trying to bond her with a little Fella - was just wondering does anyone have Pet insurance for thier buns??

Is it any good??

Can only find Pet Plan who insure Rabbits! :roll:

I have looked into pet insurance for rabbits before and have decided not to go with it. My main reasons were because I felt the excess was very high as were the monthly premiums! I have a savings account which can be used for emergencies!

Hannah

I have looked into pet insurance for rabbits before and have decided not to go with it. My main reasons were because I felt the excess was very high as were the monthly premiums! I have a savings account which can be used for emergencies!

Hannah

Same thoughts here.

edit- I didn't know argos covered rabbits?

both of mine are with petplan, they are covered for £2000 with an excess of £50 well worth it for a gal who cant save :lol:

Were with petplan after Bunnie had GI Stasis which ended with a vet bill of £180. We have money to cover bills like this but thought would get it incase anything happened that may cost lots more and need alot of treatment! We have to wait a year for them to take GI Stasis off the exclusions list which they will if she has no more tummy probs for the 12 months just need vet to write letter confirming.

We pay £9.67 a month (get 2 months free when first join) and the excess is £50. She's a mini lop house bun.

We think it's worth it if anything else ever happens! I know they don't cover vaccinations or normal dental treatment but then I didn't expect them to. Insurance is for the big stuff if ever unlucky for it to happen! Gives us peace of mind even if we don't claim because you never know!

Thanks for the advice we wil definatley look into insurance if everything goes well with the bonding!

Fingers crossed for bonding I'm alittle nervous :?

alvin costs 9.21 a month and pearl with the multipet discount will be 7.95 after the first month for free is up :)

if you take out insurance you have to ensure they are fully vaccinated and have regular dental checks or youll find they wont cover certain problems by you not taking preventative steps, if that makes sense lol

Back