• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what old is old??

Erin (Himilayan) is 9 and Dr Finlay is 11

Picture1762.jpg

Janex :D

Mine are all quite young, Dumpling and Treacle (sisters) are 1yr on 17th January, I think Meggie is about 2yrs and Dusty slightly younger than her.

Sooty my first bun when I was little lived to 9yrs.

my old bun passed on at 13. my last one was 7 when he was pts but was as sprightly as a bean. harveys currently 2 !!

My current oldest bunny is one of our permenant residents, Pippa a Dwarf Lop, who is 7.

My first ever rabbit, Honeycombe, a French Lop cross, lived to 8.5 years

I have Winston who is about 10 years old and Snowdrop who is about 7 years old.

My other bunnies ages range from about 6 years to less than one year old.

Until recently I also had Sh*tty who was 9 years old when she passed away. :cry:

Amy

Sandyboy is 12 and lilly is eleven, they are now with me forever after their previous owners wanted them put to sleep for not dying quick enough! :censored:

I have had them two years so far the next oldest is 7 they all live together (10) in total :D

My buns are all young.

Moonshine and Flopsy are almost 2

Smudge and Dudley are almost 2 aswell

Billy and Emily will be 4 this year

Ruffen is 2 1/2, and milla is 3-4 months :D Last bunny lived til she was 7, and bunny before that til she was 8 1/2.

My oldies are Harvey (White Bun) and Harriet (Brown Bun)

Harvey is 10.5 years old and Harriet is 9.5 years old

OurBunnies78.07002x2.jpg

Some amazing bunny ages here =]

Sapphire is around 18 months old,
Hollie's age is anything from 9months to 18months,
Kitt and Jamie are both around 8 months =]

xx

It's really fantastic that nowadays so many rabbits are living such long lives :D

When I got my first house rabbits I remember reading that life expectancy for a rabbit was 3 to 5 years :shock:

Amy

It's really fantastic that nowadays so many rabbits are living such long lives :D

When I got my first house rabbits I remember reading that life expectancy for a rabbit was 3 to 5 years :shock:

Amy

Ditto. Lots of rabbit come into us at 6 months- 1 year (usually hormone related) and 3 years- 'I thought it would be dead by now' :shock::shock::shock:

Back