• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fingers crossed please...

Sarah86

Mama Doe
... I'm having a bit of a nightmare with fully litter training Poppy, I tried putting them on just wood in the middle section of the hutch with a litter tray in one bedroom compartment and hay in the other but she rearranged and pulled the hay through. So I gave in and put hay in the middle so she just pooped anywhere and everywhere.

Now I've got a litter tray in either side, only one has a hayrack full of hay next to it and the other hasn't, another litter tray near the entrance to one of the bedroom compartments because she often sits there munching hay and goes to the toilet, grass in a bowl and I've put vetbed on the rest of the middle compartment.

I'm working on the theory that rabbits poop where they munch on their hay and I'm only putting hay with the litter trays, hopefully they won't trash the place too much :rolleyes: :lol:

Fingers and toeseys crossed, i had the same problem i founf it was trial and error and a matter of time!:wave:

It's working!

The vetbed hasn't been scrunched up- they must enjoy snuggling on it in this cold weather, the litter tray with no hay nearby has only been used once and there are only a few stray poops on the vetbed. If they both keep it up I'll replace the litter tray that isn't being used with a cosy bed. Hopefully in time I'll be able to remove the smaller one. :D

Its nice to be able to just empty litter trays and put the vetbed in the washing machine when it needs it.

Back