• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I administer white vingear in the hutch?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I want to know how to administer white vingear in hutches? Ie. with a spray, soak it. Also, how do you dry it? Is there anything I have to do afterwards? Is there anything I have to do before? Will it stop my rabbits weeing on the wood? Can I use white vingear to clean the plastic litter trays too?

i use it in a spray bottle. first i get a stiff brush and remove any 'organic' material then i spray on and allow to dry.

"Can I use white vingear to clean the plastic litter trays too?"
in the case of litter trays i have two, this way i can soak one in neat vingear (overnight and in the garden;) ) to get rid of the white crust stuff that the wee leaves behind while the buns use the other one.

"Will it stop my rabbits weeing on the wood?"
it neutralises the odour that would encourage a rabbit to use that particular spot (so in the case of litter trays after a washing i put a few poos in the box to encourage them ) however if your rabbit has decided that he/she is going to use that spot (no matter how inappropriate) regardless;)

I soak it & do the roof & walls with a sponge soaked in it. Yeah you can do litter trays with it too, although I prefer not to as its possible that they wont use them anymore - then being too clean, not being to smell where they are supposed to go. Wont stop your buns wee'ing on the wood? :? X

Back