• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dog crate ideas required please

Alpha

Warren Scout
Im lookin on ebay for a large dog crate to house my two bunnies. Does anyone have any photos of how u set them up for bunnies - Rabbit interior design required please. i take it they require some sort of shelf put in them etc etc.

Any pics or ideas would be great please. And size i am looking at the 43" ones.

many thanks
abbie x:D

Ours didnt have anything fancy in it as Tilly-May was really poorly when she moved in (height etc was too dangerous as she had no balance) so this is just the basic set out of ours - Quite boring, but she loved it :) She also had a pet carrier with blankets inside and on top of, so she had somewhere to retreat to when we got too much ;)

TILLYCRATE.jpg

Ours didnt have anything fancy in it as Tilly-May was really poorly when she moved in (height etc was too dangerous as she had no balance) so this is just the basic set out of ours - Quite boring, but she loved it :) She also had a pet carrier with blankets inside and on top of, so she had somewhere to retreat to when we got too much ;)

TILLYCRATE.jpg

I have a cage almost exactly like this but now I want mine to look like yours

is that just carpet on the bottom or something??

it looks so clean hahaha, I love it

I wish my two were that tidy :lol: I've given up lining mine with towels or vet bed - just plain old newspaper now as Shadow loves to get hay from the litter tray and see how much he can spread on the flor :roll: and Kitten has started being hormonal and peeing outside of the litter tray [she was spayed yesterday but it's gonna take a while].

Mine have a litter tray and some of their toys in there. But they aren't ever confined to it [except when I need to catch them to go to the vet], so it's more of a bunny base camp than a home - they prefer to sleep under my bed :)

no shelf for Alvin neither (im a bit too non diy minded) where the base can be seen in the crate there used to be newspaper.... the vet bed at the entrance he avoids lying on but does like to hide under it like his own secret tunnel.. the corner litter tray thrown about used to have dried grass in it... but thats all over the floor today...lol

P101000111.jpg
Alvins Kingdom

honeycage.jpg

Hello

This is Honey's set. She now insists on having two litter trays and she has an upside down plastic dog bed for her hideout and she likes to lay on the top. I'm still getting her litter trained at the mo so she is only allowed to be free range when I am there. The only place she has accidents is on my bed other than that she uses her trays.

no shelf for Alvin neither (im a bit too non diy minded) where the base can be seen in the crate there used to be newspaper.... the vet bed at the entrance he avoids lying on but does like to hide under it like his own secret tunnel.. the corner litter tray thrown about used to have dried grass in it... but thats all over the floor today...lol

P101000111.jpg
Alvins Kingdom

hahahahaha i love this photo it always makes me laugh cus hes sulking!

WOW GUYS..............my imagination has gone in to over drive. I will now be lookin at ebay for a good one............You lot are great!!!!! cheers all...hubby just lookin at me like ive gone mad but who cares huh.....lol

This dog crate is just under 4ft. I use fleece for the tray and made the shelf with grids and cables ties. My bun jumps up and doesnt need a ramp. I also have a pen I attach to the crate for more exercise. This crate is only for post or pre op bunnies really. :D

reuben025.jpg

reuben024.jpg

I had them from argos some time ago :D They dont stock them anymore though. I do know of another stockist but cant think of the name right now. They come in packs of 12 I think with connectors and you can make runs. Normally called c & c cages.

We put a shelf in ours, and I'm not sure why theres no paper in this pic but normally the bottom is lined with paper and a square of vet bed or folded up fluffy blanket too when its cold.

Bunnies_August05002.jpg

They do seem to prefer it upstairs to downstairs too:
BunsFeb06045.jpg

july2006009.jpg

Unfortunately we've taken the shelf out at the moment cos Charlie is a bit wobbly after having EC and I'm scared he'll fall off the shelf, so we're in the process of making a new shelf that goes all the way across the cage (except for the bit where the ramp goes obviously!).

Back