• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU Calendar - The "Almost" final photos!!

Hi,

As I'm sure some of you will have read in the Fundraising section I'm organising (or at least in the progress of trying) a Rabbits United Calendar for 2008!

The photos have changes slightly so now all the photos in the calendar have a rescue rabbit in them, thus promoting the rehoming of rescue rabbits :D

Well I put the last day for submitting photos as today, but I'm gone through them and below are the 10 "shortlisted photos" and 2 "long listed" photos, to give you an idea of what it's going to look like. Basically the longlisted ones may of may not appear of the calendar, depending on what ones I get sent through between now and midnight tonight! I'm not going to upset anybody by those ones not being in the calendar as they are my photos!

Basically how I have chosen which ones are for the calendar was on a few basic criteria:
1 - Good quality, in focus clear photo
2 - Nice "pose"
3 - Preference towards a rescue rabbit (the majority - but not all, are rescue rabbits).

I hope you are all happy with my choice? It has certainly been a hard decision, and thanks to everyone who has sent me photos.

The calendars will be available to buy in the next 2-3 weeks, prices and how to order will be published then :D
THE SHORTLIST:

Flick's Poly and Sybil (from Honeybunnys)
RUC5BunsEdited_filtered.jpg

Abi's (Woodlouse) Hoops and Ant (Ant from Honeybunnies)
Hoops20and20Ant_filtered.jpg

Honey, being fostered by Doncat5 for Honeybunnies:
buns2may07029.jpg

Garfield from the Rabbit Residence
RR1.jpg

Grommit from the Rabbit Residence
IMG_7362.jpg

Also from the Rabbit Residence (need to check the name)
IMG_7392.jpg

Neil and Maria's Poppet (adopted from a local RSPCA)
Poppet-0052.jpg

Neil and Maria's Dylan (adopted from a local RSPCA)
dd20032-1.jpg

The "longlisted" ones:

My Dolly (from local RSPCA):
Dolly005.jpg

Another from the Rabbit Residence
IMG_7270.jpg

Suzanne's Leo from Kirby
Leo1.jpg

Bufferfly from Honeybunny's
Butterfly.jpg

Thanks....

Hannah

Last edited:
great photos. can I put a couple of pics of Milly and Molly on here?

2rep6z7.jpg

I can adjust the picture size and quality if you want.

These are my faves that I think you should use!
Flick's Poly and Sybil (from Honeybunnys)
RUC5BunsEdited_filtered.jpg

Garfield from the Rabbit Residence
RR1.jpg

Also from the Rabbit Residence (need to check the name)
IMG_7392.jpg

XMissySJx's Little Peter with Siblings
Untitled-3.jpg

Tom's BiBi (one for February)
IMG_7188.jpg

My Dolly:
Dolly005.jpg

Another from the Rabbit Residence
IMG_7270.jpg

I'll so buy the calender and who knows maybe Midnight will be in the 2009 calendar?

I have the 2007 calender :D and this pic of my 4 is October so I will get to look at it for a whole month as of tommorrow!! :D

snuggle5.jpg

I know its a bit cheeky, but can I have a late entry (or maybe for 2009?!), just because I adore this picture of Bill and Ted and they're rescue buns..

bill_and_ted1-1.jpg

Awww what great piccies, can't wait for the final print!Thanks for putting this together and to all the participants of course!:D :D

Oooh, Polly, Sybil and myself are really excited that their picture has been shortlisted :D :D :D

If they definately end up in the calendar there's going to be a few bunny calendar Xmas presents! :lol:

How much will the calendars cost?

willow warren, you PM's me saying that you couldnt use my photo as they were not rescue bunnies, did you make this post before you knew about that? such a shame :(:(:( but they are great piccies

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

if it isnt possible, i do have these of pebbles, who was adopted from the rspca, prob not good enough for a calendar but its an option!xxx

GardenPhotoshoot077.jpg

GardenPhotoshoot045.jpg

and my favorite!!
DSCF0925.jpg

xx

Sarah jane..this is probably my fault..when Willow Warren first asked me if Honeybunnies would like to be involved..I asked if the bunnies included could be all rescue buns..however didn't mind which rescue they came from..as it was to raise money for 2 rescues, thought it would be more apt to make the stars of the calender rescue bunnies...sorry..no offence meant to anyone..

and all three of the above pics are gorgeous!:D

its okay, i do understand where youre coming from, it was only because the little bunny died so i thought it would be a noce way to remember her. but pebbles is a rescue bun and the photo were taken with a very high quality camera etc...so maybe she could be squeezed in instead of my baby bunnies piccies.

lol i told everyone about the calendar, and about peter...ooops! but never mind, i do understand what you mean so dont worry about it!
hopefully pebbles's photos will be useful. she was adopted from RSPCA Suffolk in august 5th this year.
xxxxx

its okay, i do understand where youre coming from, it was only because the little bunny died so i thought it would be a noce way to remember her. but pebbles is a rescue bun and the photo were taken with a very high quality camera etc...so maybe she could be squeezed in instead of my baby bunnies piccies.

lol i told everyone about the calendar, and about peter...ooops! but never mind, i do understand what you mean so dont worry about it!
hopefully pebbles's photos will be useful. she was adopted from RSPCA Suffolk in august 5th this year.
xxxxx

Your picture of Peter and the ones of Pebbles, especially the last one, are lovely :love: :love: :love: Hope to see one of them in the calendar :D
Sorry to hear about Peter x

I am SO happy that Poppet and BiBi both made the short list, as they are two of my favourite RU bunnies! (Okay......so I have a LOT of favourites!!!:roll: :lol: :lol: ) I hope that Pebbles makes it too.....I LOOOOOVE that last pic of her and Domino cuddled up together!!!!!:D :D

I'm really sorry for any confusion I've caused over the selection of photography. I would like to say though that what I've published is a "shortlist", they are not "definates" for the calendar just the favourite ones so far. I will update the photos shortly.

Hannah

Back