• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns weeing in corners!!! - I put carefresh in the corners!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
My two cheeky buns are now weeing in the corners of their bedroom. Now, I have put a litter tray in one corner which they are using, but they have also weed in the other two corners too. I can't fit in two more cat trays, otherwise, they'll have no floor left, so I thought to maybe get two corner litter trays. What do you think about them? It'll save loads of newspaper and cleaning time, and when they are spayed, I'll remove them one at a time. They have a main cat litter tray which they are using mainly, and a small square litter tray in their bedroom, which they are also using too. What do you think to my ideas?

Sounds like a plan to me.. I have had this problem with house buns before... I found that they would also move the litter trays out of the way to get to the corners too.. little so and so's.

Maybe it helps to put a other smell in the corners wich jou don't want them to wee.
I sometimes use a lavendel odoor which i spray in those corners.
With some it helps.
Ofcourse you have to use one which isn't harmfull for your rabbits

Sounds like a plan to me.. I have had this problem with house buns before... I found that they would also move the litter trays out of the way to get to the corners too.. little so and so's.

Yup one of mine does that!! I have lino laid on top of the carpet at the moment which tends to slide aroudn and they manage to move it a little bit then pee off the edge of the lino! :roll: Im convinced the puddles all belong to Nala.. dont think she has ever got the idea of using a tray every time:roll:

Thanks. I'll buy some and put them in soon. In the meantime, I've put some carefresh loose in the corners to try to pick up the wee and get them used to only weeing on carefresh. Is this ok? Will they eat it? They don't usually eat meadow hay, which is the bedding in their bedroom, which the carefresh is in. They haven't, as far as I have seen, eaten any from the litter tray. What signs are there that they have eaten any?

Try putting food in the spare corners, as they don't *usually* like to eat and toilet in the same area. Worth a try.

Lionel was weeing in every corner but i have now put something in each corner so he doesn't do it. I have litter tray in once corner, food bowl in one, water bowl in one and his cuddly toy friend in the other :)

I was wondering which corner trays to buy.

First One:
http://www.petclubuk.com/view/product.do?id=1028

Second One:
http://www.bunnybasics.net/super-pet-high-corner-litter-tray-large-p-254.html

And are these good for getting poos out of Carefresh and hay?
http://www.bunnybasics.net/litter-scoop-p-1234.html

mine have a large corner tray which they use 'quite' well. when i first got them, they used to wee in the bedroom. now they arent so timid, they have got the hang of the tray. one wees near the tray, but thats on newspaper so can be cleaned out.

as for the scoop, i find that once they have wee'd poo'd and there is newspaper and hay in the tray, the only thing is to empty it and put new stuff in?

yeah. I've realised that both corner trays are too big and they'll be no room for the bunnies to rest, so I'm going to get two more small litter trays from the garden centre.

Back