• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A few questions about Pringle after the OP.. BLOOD (?) - now noisy tummy!!!!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Ok well he stayed in last night and was all himself hopping around enjoying himself getting lots of cuddles etc....
Well this morning he doesnt seem as happy - i went through to him and it looked like he sneezed/coughed :? so i left him to it and checked him a wee while later and he seems fine :?: i gave him just a few pellets to check he was still eating and he gobbled them,im sure he is still poo'in - Could this be maybe he is a wee bit sore after the neuter? he still standing up and puting his feet on bars to get closer and see me.
Also......
Hes an outdoor rabbit and he has a two tier hucth,he wont use a ramp he only jumps up and down, do you think its safe enough to put him back outside now? or do you think if he jumps up and down he will damage the stitches? (mind going blank dont know if i have spelt that right :? :roll: ) am i best keeping him in for another day and night?

I`m sure i had more questions :oops: but can't remember.

Thank you...

:D :wave:

EDIT - I went to check on Pringle and when he moved from the spot he was sitting it looked like their was a few drips of blood on the cover???? :? :(

Last edited:
Well i was thinking that, but i never got no pain killers or anything to give him as the lady at the vet said they gave him stuff that would last :? did she mean just over night?

Does anyone know if i should put him out or keep him in?
xx

I'd keep him in for another day if he's happy in the house - it's freezing out there :( Great that he's eating so well though - can he have a little run around in the house as that will get his guts moving?

I'd keep him in for another day if he's happy in the house - it's freezing out there :( Great that he's eating so well though - can he have a little run around in the house as that will get his guts moving?

Yea i can let him out but last night when i let him out he jamp on my mums bed, hes a maniac rabbit and im just scared he rips his stitches? do you know if the little bit of blood is a worry? should i phone vet? im scared to look incase i hurt im or make anything worse :cry:

I have no idea as my boys were ready done when I got them - I would imagine a bit of dried blood is normal but a bit of fresh blood means he's not resting enough for it to scab over properly. I would ring the vet nurse and just ask her to put your mind at rest - she'll know for sure :)

I have no idea as my boys were ready done when I got them - I would imagine a bit of dried blood is normal but a bit of fresh blood means he's not resting enough for it to scab over properly. I would ring the vet nurse and just ask her to put your mind at rest - she'll know for sure :)

Thanks Elve xx

I phoned vet and she said its ok if their is a few drips of blood, i checked him and he seems fine and no blood where his stitches are. He just seems really quiet and doesnt want to move much, Vet said if i feel he needs another pain killer injection then i can take him along for one but to watch for swelling round his eyes ? and she said the sneezing is nothing to worry about unless their is any discharge. Will it just be because he is maybe a wee bit sore? :roll: :cry: im worried!!! eeee!

Obviously can't speak for Pringle but when my bucks got neutered I am sure the vet did internal and external stitches so if they nippled or opened the top ones they would still be ok:? . I would not worry too much about this as it should heal relatively quickly anyway:D . He sounds full of beans so he can't even be that sore hehe:lol: . My boys sulked for 2 days after! :roll: :lol: I am always concerned about the gut mobility but as Pringle seems to eating whatever is offered I don't think you have anything to worry about. If hes eating with gusto its a confident sign he will be absolutely fine;) .

Just took dogs out and came back, he is just sitting about but when he see's i have something in my hand he gets up to have a nosey, he is still eating happily, i think hes maybe just a wee bit sore so hopefully he will be better in a while. :? why are animals just so worrying :roll: :lol: xx

Pringles stomach is making really loud noises!!! is this anything to worry about :shock: :shock:

He also seems to be drinking loads, he has sat at his water bottle for 5/10mins :shock:

Last edited:
Back