• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ready made hutch or playhouse?

GregTheBunny

Warren Scout
OK, i need advice as my hubby is being horrible to me and wont give an opinion. I need to get bunny a new home and quickly. I can order the following

6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with 6ft x 4ft run - £115
as above but double decker house - £205

or

There is a childs playhouse for sale quite locally, wooden, 1.6m wide by 1.6m tall by 1.53m deep, i could modify that and put wire on the windows, maybe put a second floor in and of course sort something out for a run. It is £80 and needs new roof felt and treating.

Please give me your opinions as i have nobody to talk to about it

I had a hutch for 5 years with a run downstairs. Last year I bought a Wendy House 6' x 4' and 6' high. Pesonally I think the Wendy House is a lot easier to clean out, especially in the winter when you can get in and lock the door so you don't get wet and cold. I have a lockable cat flap (large) that allows them to get out into a run that we attached to the House and also one so they can come into the garden when we are around.

OK, i need advice as my hubby is being horrible to me and wont give an opinion. I need to get bunny a new home and quickly. I can order the following

6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with 6ft x 4ft run - £115
as above but double decker house - £205

or

There is a childs playhouse for sale quite locally, wooden, 1.6m wide by 1.6m tall by 1.53m deep, i could modify that and put wire on the windows, maybe put a second floor in and of course sort something out for a run. It is £80 and needs new roof felt and treating.

Please give me your opinions as i have nobody to talk to about it

If you're in a rush, I'd go for the hutch and run option, on one level. Have you got pics of them?

If you're in a rush, I'd go for the hutch and run option, on one level. Have you got pics of them?

Its the ones off ebay, just a flat roof so not very attractive :cry:

they have offered to supply another hutch to put on top that fits straight on, i would then over time get my dad to build an apex roof for it so it looked nicer, but at over £200 seems alot, and they cant deliver till tuesday anyway

I had a hutch for 5 years with a run downstairs. Last year I bought a Wendy House 6' x 4' and 6' high. Pesonally I think the Wendy House is a lot easier to clean out, especially in the winter when you can get in and lock the door so you don't get wet and cold. I have a lockable cat flap (large) that allows them to get out into a run that we attached to the House and also one so they can come into the garden when we are around.

where did you get your wendy house from?

I got it from a local shed and fencing company who made it the size I wanted, it cost me £160 and is made of strong wood including proper wood floor with lockable door (I have added some extra locks).

Wendy House :D Much more flexible and great for interacting with your bunnies :D

I agree with Tamsin, the wendy house gets my vote for cost and practicality. I think it's a better deal for your money.:D

For the £120 you save you could probably get a handy man to do the refelting/painting for you :) Or that's money for the materials and a nice sized run.

Don't forget if it's in the small ads you can negotiate too. Offer then slightly lower and see what they say - you might get an even better bargain ;)

Back