• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

New buns on the horizon after tragic loss - tips so it doesn't happen again, please.

Hello all, Well, its been a while since I last posted, after our two young rabbits died very quickly, one after the other. I posted the whole grisly affair in My fault - a warning. First of all, I must give my sincere thanks to everybody that supported me in that thread - it coincided with a...
  2. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello bunny momma and thanks for your kind words. Very sorry to hear of you losing Gemini and Dash, and, as you say this is all the harder when the reasons are not clear. You're right, its very hard for me to see the playhouse which is now just full up of their old gear: hideaway hutch, run...
  3. T

My fault - a warning.

No standing water in the garden, I even cleared out the gutters to make sure that we were as mosquito-free as possible. Maybe a neighbour though, and there is not much that can be done about that but its defo not me! I was thinking the same with the netting and I will also seal up any gaps in...
  4. T

My fault - a warning.

Many thanks for your support and information, it was so upsetting to lose poor Tommy as well as Tim. Of course, any new rabbits will be fully vaccinated and will come from a rescue centre, I know that I have made mistakes in the past but I have learned from them and I really would like to make...
  5. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello mikek, thanks for your message - this is encouraging to learn that you have kept your rabbits safely in Rural Devon! Sadly, our rabbits were only vaccinated for Mixy and RHD1, I realised this when Tim passed away and so I then had Tommy vaccinated but he then passed away shortly...
  6. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello all, Well, thank you for all of your support, but I have more tragic news. A matter of days after my last post, poor Tommy went off his food one evening. I decided to get him to the vets in the morning and the next day, I knew that poor Tommy wasn't well - hardly moving and not at all...
  7. T

My fault - a warning.

OK, many thanks. We ended up cancelling the appointment yesterday due to work stuff. Tommy went in today and it was definitely FILAVAC, so I am absolutely sure that the Myxo-RHD wasn't repeated. He was really good, didn't even flinch and the vet was great. He gave Tommy a really thorough...
  8. T

My fault - a warning.

That's great - thank you and I have updated (above). That's very kind of you. Tommy is doing well and thank you for your support. x
  9. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello again and thanks for your advice which I greatly appreciate. Tommy seems now to be back to full health but I am sure that he feels lonely, I just know it by watching him. He spends too much time in the corner of the run and he has recently taking to hiding away in a nesting ball that we...
  10. T

Losing Bumble

I'm new here but I feel for you and I want to support you during this very difficult time. Its obvious that you have a lot of love for Bumble and this is the main thing. Bumble is very lucky to have such a caring owner as yourself so try not to beat yourself up too much. With love. x
  11. T

My fault - a warning.

Much love to you and my condolences. The rosebushes will be a lovely idea. xx
  12. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello Craig, many thanks for this and its very kind of you. It means a lot to me, so thank you.
  13. T

My fault - a warning.

Hi there and thanks again for your supportive and informative message. I have had a good read of the links that you sent me and I think that Tommy is on the mend. His apetite is still not quite what it was but his poos are looking much healthier and he is eating regularly now. I still have him...
  14. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello again everyone, I logged in quickly before I finished work on Friday and I can't tell you how overwhelmed I felt after reading all of your posts. I'm not going to quote you all individually as there are too many replies but to read that rabbits hide their illnesses so well is something of...
  15. T

My fault - a warning.

Hello everybody, I have been skulking around the forum since we got our two rabbits in October of last year, 2018. Its a very helpful place, and I read what I could and learned about our new pets. Sadly, in December of 2018, our two rabbits were in the run and a wild female rabbit was in the...
Back