• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Beatrix Potter

Wild bunnies potentially trapped in our allotment :(

Shocking isn't it!? I am the secretary of the allotments and this is one of our committee members so I held my tongue but I was shocked that he thought this was a good idea!!!!! We have an apparent 'wildlife garden' on site yet it seems to be devoid of any wildlife!
  2. Beatrix Potter

Completely forgot to update this post! After clearing a lot of weeds on our allotment we managed to corner bunny, so I picked him up and relocated him outside the allotment. The wild rabbit population is booming this year much to the annoyance of allotment holders! Someone actually asked me...
  3. Beatrix Potter

She certainly was, one of a kind! Yes I am glad we adopted these two, they had already been adopted by someone else and returned :( Both my friend and the rescue were hoping I'd adopt them! I best not look, my partner has already 'bonded' with the ones on our plot! :ROFLMAO: lovely to hear...
  4. Beatrix Potter

Hello! Yes I think you are right. Need to put my trail cam up there so we an see where it is coming from and if its on its own or not. Hope you are keeping well :) We have adopted two more bunnies since we lost Spudsey in 2020 (at the grand age of 13!), these two are half lionhead and half...
  5. Beatrix Potter

Hi Everyone Wow it's been sometime since I posted in this forum! We had two young rabbits in our plot that we believe were getting through from our neighbours plot, to be honest we have been enjoying watching them as some of you may remember we hand reared four baby rabbits from our plot back...
  6. Beatrix Potter

Hutch access, what size hole

Thank you! 👍
  7. Beatrix Potter

Hutch access, what size hole

Hi, my partner has just built a rabbit hutch with a run underneath and needs to make a access hole with ladder. Can someone tell me what size this should ideally be? I can't access Spudsey's old hutch to look! Thanks 🙂
  8. Beatrix Potter

Spudsey has gone to rainbow bridge

Beautiful Jane thank you! I was told many years ago when I visited a spiritual church that I had a scruffy black dog near me, he was our family dog who was sadly put to sleep. I was only a teenager so didn't have much say in the matter but I adored him. So I honestly believe Spudsey is still...
  9. Beatrix Potter

💕💕💕
  10. Beatrix Potter

Thank you so much everyone ❤️ we took her to a pet crematorium yesterday morning so we had her back with us in just a few hours. Our house doesn't feel right at all at the moment, rehoming her food etc especially her treat jar feels very wrong! I keep hearing noises from the kitchen now and...
  11. Beatrix Potter

It's so lovely that she was well thought of by people that didn't get to meet her. Thank you 💕
  12. Beatrix Potter

Thank you so much Jane! I am absolutely gutted but thankful that we have been working from home and she has been by my side for the last two months and we were both here when she left us x
  13. Beatrix Potter

Thank you, she certainly has had a long life we have been very lucky.
  14. Beatrix Potter

Hi everybody Just letting you know that my wildie Spudsey went to rainbow bridge this morning aged 13 years old. Huge thank you to everyone on this forum that helped me over the years, particularly when we were hand rearing Spudsey and her three brothers all those years ago, and more recently...
  15. Beatrix Potter

Elderly rabbit hind leg soiling

Hi Jane :wave: Still on metacam twice a day. She is happily taking the cisapride directly from the syringe which is good, but we're now on day 5 and she is still grinding away. She's not eating all her veg straightaway now in the morning, but I feed her grass/dandelions/sticky grass/bindweed...
  16. Beatrix Potter

Awww thanks! I'm so thankful for being able to work from home at the moment ❤️ I'm so sorry about Rudey, just seen the post 😔
  17. Beatrix Potter

Hi All :wave: Thought I'd give you another Spudsey update :love: She hit 13 last month :shock::D but she's not in a great way :cry: she is still living in the kitchen but now permanently in a run which is sooo much better. But she is very wobbly on her feet, pretty sure vision isn't great...
  18. Beatrix Potter

:wave: Hope so! little tyke I bought oat hay and timothy hay but there wasn't a lot of interest, then ordered some ings hay from dust free hay company as she's snuffly again (so back with nebulising and penicillin :( ) and then she started nibbling at the original stuff! :roll: Fingers crossed...
  19. Beatrix Potter

Poo! She's been in her run from Friday night to Monday morning as we're at home and she was spotlessly clean! Not sure if thats because she's now eating some hay (haven't spotted her eating it but droppings look much better) or that its also because she's in her run as opposed to cage so has...
Back