• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Our crazy Mishka - 2015 -2023

Such a lovely post about life with Mishka and supporting photos. Thank you so much for sharing. Please please don't blame yourself for Mishka's health change. She chose you for good reason. She was able to be who she was due to a great home life that you gave her over her 8 years with you. It...
  2. B

New owner - unplanned!

Hello Geordiegal, Welcome and just to say how amazing to find all homes for them in such a short time. Its great you are getting them checked by a vet. After getting them sexed and health checked you'll have a better idea on their care needs and your own way forwards. Yes they are better...
  3. B

Prognosis on fractured spine vertebrae (thorax area) - update: she's gone

So so sorry to hear this news about Mishka. It is so sad after her trying so hard. She seemed very happy to the end though and seemed to appreciate the opportunity. Breathing can be affected by spine injuries in humans, not sure if same in bunnies. Thinking of you and send Mishka love and hugs...
  4. B

Lamb Chop & Oreo had a bad fight

Hi Lord trellis. I have no answers for you, but just wanted to send wishes for a speedy recovery to Oreo and hoping the answers come to you in how to manage Lamb Chop. I'm sure there is a way to get to the bottom of his Aggression. Hope someone can bring some suggestions.
  5. B

Head tilt but it's not E Cuniculi - Help!

Would a saucer work? 10 years not eating hay must have been quite a challenge. It means that you have achieved to feed him with something that works for him, so kerp going with it. Try a saucer, which will be close to the floor and small. Great to hear he's improved. Even slightly is great...
  6. B

Bunnies moulting in December?

Thanks Omi. They like their hay, thank goodness and do eat some greens and herbs, but very fussy, so this is good. I will keep an eye on things and try and brush them evey treat time and will see if they will let me brush once a day while in the same place as they allowed me today. 🙂
  7. B

Bunnies moulting in December?

Hi all, Just noticed over few days buns were looking a bit scruffy, especially ShuShu. Was able yesterday to at last get to stroke ShuShu to see that she is moulting This morning was the first opportunity they both allowed me to stroke them with my hidden brush. This for a good amount of time...
  8. B

I am pleased you have gained the medication. Now hoping it helps with the recovery of dexter. You did great doing so For issues with feeding, I tend to put small piles of hay mixed with favourite food, such as dandelion or basil, where they sleep or sit, just to help with any eating issues, so...
  9. B

This is hopeful news. I really do feel you are doing the best thing for her, so keep going. As you said she is comfortable and you went the right route to get the potential right treatment. I would now go with whatever the exotic vet suggests. Let them lead and make the decisions on next steps...
  10. B

Hi dex 179, I am quite new to keeping rabbits, so just send my supportive view if that's OK. It sounds like there is a lot going on. I personally would contact my vet again to go over own concerns and collective symptoms, including the floppy leg and ear tilt being same side. I would be...
  11. B

the 2023 RU Rabbit Directory ....aka show us your bunnies

ShuShu and QiQi wants to join in. They are both 8 months old. ShuShu will be 9 months on boxing day. They are from different parents. ShuShu is the smallest, but the oldest. QiQi is larger than your usual Netherlsnd Dwarf size. ShuShu is the most confident and inquisitive and can be...
  12. B

ShuShu - Love on her mind ❤

Oh! I remembered this photo too. It is a heart shape on her tummy, which is the area she was neutered. Didn't see it until later. Needed to keep a close eye on her, due she wasn't very well after surgery so kept her in the carrier for a few days that she appreciated the safe space. She's just...
  13. B

Hi Omi, thank you. Yes, I will indeed put something on J&B's thread soon 🤗
  14. B

Hi Bunny moma, yes, I have taken it as some kind of year of the rabbit mystical sign, although not sure what 🤷
  15. B

Thanks all. She is very special 🤗
  16. B

She's my angel (one of them) she was 16 weeks old in the pic, but still as gorgeous now 😍.
  17. B

Shu was researched to mean warm hearted in chinese. After naming her as ShuShu, a heart materialised on her forehead, just over week later. A sign?
  18. B

I am so sorry to hear about Mishka. I am new to keeping bunnies, so have not got any experience with ths, but I also have 2 very active bunnies with 2 levels they use and I see how fast they can be getting up and down that can surprise me, but they very much love it and so wouldn't change this...
  19. B

Home dried veg and shop bought veg - buns don't like home dried. What's the difference?

Update! Well, seems root veg keeps well drying in my air fryer. I have changed to grate my root veg that works better. Not at stage can change over yet, but on the right track. Now, veg above ground is another matter amd doesn't work well and so back to the drawing board for these. I will try...
  20. B

Home dried veg and shop bought veg - buns don't like home dried. What's the difference?

Hi Omi, Your Links I have had a chance to look at your links you gave. The online shop is amazing! This is definitely worth looking at. It's too late coming up to Christmas for me, but will look at the items more thoroughly in the new year. I see they do camomile flowers 🥳. I've been looking...
Back