• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Callouses or Sore Hocks

Sadly my vet doesn't do them. They're 30-40 minutes away but worth it as they're the best rabbit vets in West/Central Lancashire (IMHO)
  2. L

Callouses or Sore Hocks

Barney gets really stressed from vet trips, they invariably affect his eating for a few days afterwards. So I've been medicating him at home if anything arises, such as digestive slowdowns caused by moults, stress, etc. I have metacam, emeprid and Paracetamol to hand so I can give him some meds...
  3. L

Callouses or Sore Hocks

Hi, thanks for the reply. Does it definitely look like sore hocks then? He does need his nails trimming, this will be done on Thursday. Barney does have a touch of arthritis and is on metacam once a day. I wouldn't say it was particularly bad, he gets around fairly well for a blind boy. It's...
  4. L

Callouses or Sore Hocks

Hello everyone My boy Barney has callouses or sore hocks on both feet but the one on his right foot is more prominent. I've booked him in to get them checked at the vet on Thursday but as I'm a worrier I thought I'd ask the experts on here what they think. Barney is 7 and blind, but he's getting...
  5. L

Blindness

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. I'm covering the bars with cot bumpers to stop him hurting himself (he's daft enough when he can see) but I guess he'll work out when his pen is open and when it isn't
  6. L

Blindness

Hi, My rabbit Barney is going blind. He's already blind in one eye but has limited visibility in the other. I'm trying to prepare for if/when he goes fully blind. He's also largely deaf. Barney is pictured in his setup above. Because of a broken bond with my other rabbit Lily they need to be...
  7. L

Blindness

8. L

John-Joe - U/D 22nd June 2024

I hope your little ones are feeling better soon
  9. L

Blindness

I took Barney to the vet to confirm what his eyesight state currently is. He confirmed that Barney is fully blind in his left eye (but I've known this for about a year) and has very limited vision in his right eye (that could go any day). He also backed up my hunch that Barney has little...
  10. L

Blindness

Thanks for the reply. Luckily the rabbit room in my house has had a stable layout for years so he should know where everything is, both furniture and his own litter tray and water bowl. Sadly Barney was ill last year and in the vet for 3 weeks Documented here It broke the bond he had with my...
  11. L

Blindness

Hello everyone, My 7 year old lop Barney went blind in one eye about a year ago. The vet said it was a cataract but the lens was clear at the time. At the start of the year it went from clear to opaque in a matter of days. When the vet diagnosed the cataract she also said another one was...
  12. L

Aoife- U/D 17th Sept 2023- She’s Gone :-(

All the best for you and Aiofe
  13. L

Rupert diarrhoea

Good luck at the vet!
  14. L

Opinion on Mouth Ulcer / Kidney Failure

Here he is, a bit tatty after his ordeal
  15. L

Id post a picture of the silly orange boy but I don't have any online.
  16. L

Barney is back home. He still wasn't eating pellets at the vet but had been eating hay, grass and veg well so they thought he should come home. After 17 days at the vet they (and I) thought he was probably fed up. Weirdly, within 4 hours of being home he's eaten 6g of pellets, his first since...
  17. L

Barney update: he's now eating hay and veg well but refuses pellets. His faecal output is returning to normal. They even took him outside and let him eat grass for 30 minutes. As a house rabbit this will have been novel for him. So it's promising. I've had it before where my two go off a...
  18. L

New Variant RVHD- Known as 'RVHD2' U/D 20th Feb 2023

I think part of the problem is that people get their rabbit vaccinated but then don't get the booster within a year. There is some ignorance over vaccinations, an assumption they'll last a lifetime. I've witnessed this in the past anyway.
  19. L

Thank you 😊 I realise I have to be patient and to give him time but it's easier said than done isn't it
Back