• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My outdoor setup...which is gonna change before winter! Poss. to add 1/2 more buns???

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all, :wave:Thought I may as well put the pics on here after soooo long...Arrabella & Indiana were housebuns - till we went on holiday! So for 2 weeks they lived in this setup - which they adored! So weve left them outside now...but still bring them in quite often for indoor fun! (Buns in Action thread in Rabbit chat - you can see pics of them indoors!):)

We often move the bits about for them to have different areas to run in & also we dont use aubiose through out the hutch now - just upstairs in their sleeping areas for snuggleing & in their litter tray, oh & under the water bottle as they drip abit.... Rest is just newspaper...

We will be moving the whole setup to the house soon & build in another run area where they can dig etc. The exisitng run will then be on patio...but they will also then hace access to inside thehouse through a catflap...will post pics when we do this!

The bottom hutches are joined with a box shape - gives them 2mtrs10 to run in length...
Any comments or advice welcome...:D

Before run was attached - the inside...
P1070582.jpg

With run attached...but we think its too small...so will be changing it & giving them free range once spayed * garden secure.
P1080393.jpg

Just a pic of the tunnel my OH made - this goes into the join of the hutches & there is a wooden piece that slots in - we screw this in at night for security...
P1080395.jpg

Last edited:
I love this set up! Did you cut out the whole side of the hutch, or just cut a hole?

Thank you all!They do love a new toy!
We bought the hutch like that & then put the tunnel in ourselves...
Each side of the hutch has been taken/cut out - I think it was wire before...then 4 panels pieces cut to size & screwed in to form a box shape....it better than joining with a tunnel as both mybuns have more room to run up & down and they tend to lie in that space alot...they like the wooden feel of the joining box -as the rest of the hutch is plastic based.
I will go take some pics to show the inside if that helps...

xxx:p

Heres some pics of the inside for you!:D
P1080452.jpg

P1080450.jpg

P1080451.jpg

In this pic you can see where OH cut the box away to the size of the tunnel...as the tunnel goes down its at an angle & in the gap left on the top piece of the tunnel is where we slip in a piece from the outside - this slides to the bottom of the tunnel and then we screw it into the box from the outside - it secures their hutch at night.:p:p

Thank you - very kind! We think the buns are happy....lots binkys anyways!....just devising more plans to give them more room!:D
Gonna move the whole setup nearer the house & put another tunnel going through the wall to inside...then when winter comes - we can all hang out together & the buns have the option of in or out!:D

Housing suitable for another 1 or 2 more buns? not sure....

ooookkaaaayyyyyy........so do you guys think i could get another 1 bun - male or female? or 2 Husbuns/girls for my 2 girls....they would have to be smallish breeds....and they all live in this accomadation?

The setup would be moved to the side of our house....with a catflap coming inside our dinign room - so evenings they would have free range...but during the day they would be locked in their hutch set up....I may also add another run which would be on soil....1 metre wide about 2/3 metres long.
Their exisintg run of 6 x 4 foot would be on pation - so not grass anymore.

Am thinking of another 1 or 2 buns as I keep seeing some desperate little ones that need forever homes....but dont want them to be squashed.:)
Id rather have 2 buns with loads room than 3 or 4 that cant have theri own space....
Not sure about what the best mix would be or age's...or maybe not get anymore.....:?

Not sure what the best group is...my 2 girls are sisters & very much bonded - they adore each other. They are due their spay soon.

thanks guys....

Last edited:
Back