• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: RSPCA Walsall - Petals - Single female dental bunny UD post 17

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Petals is an 18 month old female bunny and came into foster care in November this year. We rescued her from a disabled man who was keeping her in an indoor cage, outside, bedded on grass cuttings :cry: When Petals came into care she was very territorial because she hadn't been neutered and had been kept alone :(

Since coming into care, Petals has been neutered and isnt as territorial over her hutch. She is getting there slowly with letting us pick her up. She doesnt mind being fussed if you get down to her level.

Petals has been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and is looking for a home with a husbun.

bunny3.jpg

Praying for a new home :love:
bunny1.jpg

If you are interested in rehoming Petals, please contact us on 0845 272 3570 or email us at enquiries@rspca-walsall.org.uk

Many thanks xXx

Last edited:
:lol: Dont get more ideas Sarah!! xXx

:lol::lol: The OH has said "NO MORE!" now :( I said to him that i cant promise i wont want anymore, and i cant promise that i wont try and get more, but he'll just have to put his foot down and say "NO!" and mean it

He's not very good at putting his foot down though - He said i couldn't have Jose, then said i couldnt have Rainbow and then said that i couldnt have Paddy & Peaches, but he's now let me have 4! :lol:

I think i'll stick with just the 4.....until we get a bigger house that is :lol:

Ok... Update

Petals went to be neutered yesterday, and the vets found spurs on her molars :cry: This is because of the poor diet shes had before she came to us :( Hopefully this wont stop Petals finding her forever home :love:

Petals is still looking for her forever home :( Sadly, shes had to have another dental, and also has constant weepy eyes. Poor girl.

Shes still a little hutch agressive, but once out of the hutch shes fine :) She has never bitten her fosterer, she just stamps her feet when they go near her hutch :lol: xXx

Oh shes beautiful - Im such a soppyone when its for buns who really really need some love! I dont think my OH would be impressed - plus my 2 are not insured due to immediate finances.....so wouldnt be fair if she cost me loads (well my OH loads!:oops:).

Do you think she will bond easily?

Oh shes beautiful - Im such a soppyone when its for buns who really really need some love! I dont think my OH would be impressed - plus my 2 are not insured due to immediate finances.....so wouldnt be fair if she cost me loads (well my OH loads!:oops:).

Do you think she will bond easily?

:lol: Your OH sounds like mine ;) Ive no idea if she would easily, she is the only bunny at her foster home so hasnt even been around other buns for company :( Poor girly. I think she would be quite a costly bun :? Shes been here with us 6 months (ish) and has had 2 dentals, plus lots of treatment for her eyes, none of which have worked so at the moment we've laid off the eye drops. She really is gorgeous, i do hope the teeth/eyes wont put people off :( :( xXx

:lol: Your OH sounds like mine ;)

:lol::lol::roll:

Ive no idea if she would easily, she is the only bunny at her foster home so hasnt even been around other buns for company :( Poor girly.

:( oh bless her - i bet shed love a friend if she knew how great it could be.....imagine never seeing otherlike yourself!:(:shock:

I think she would be quite a costly bun :? Shes been here with us 6 months (ish) and has had 2 dentals, plus lots of treatment for her eyes, none of which have worked so at the moment we've laid off the eye drops. She really is gorgeous, i do hope the teeth/eyes wont put people off :( :( xXx

I cant imagine the teeth/eyes will put people off- she beautiful and needs some TLC and lotsa bunny love - dont we all have probs at some tim eor another......come one guys - Ive read a few threads baout people looking for a wife-......:love::love::love:

Just a little update on Petals. Things arent good at the moment, Petals currently has an abcess in her mouth, and has had 3 dentals in the last 6 months :( Shehas constantly runny eyes, which her fosterer bathes every few days (advised not to do it daily because of her eyes getting sore).

Im not holding out much hope for Petals at the moment :( Shes still eating well, and is still bright and lively. The vet wont do the dental until her abcess clears up :( Poor girl x

Oh no, poor Petal. I have always hoped a space would come up here for her, she is so beautiful :(

I know Liz, i dont like to keep putting on you which is why i havent mentioned anything, you have enough on your hands. Shes curently with Vicky (x-vic-x). I know the vets wanted to PTS last week, so this week shes off to see a different vet for a second opinion :( After the life shes had, she really doesnt deserve this.

xx

It is heartbreaking, no animal deserves what she has been through :cry::cry:

Let me know how she gets on at the second vet, I hope they can help her xx

Back