• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do rabbits get on with cats?

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
Do rabbits and cats get along? Last week i moved back in with my parents for 3 months, we have 2 cats there. Dylan has moved in with us to, he is a house rabbit but is in a room that the cats now are not aloud in. How would the cats and Dylan get on?

It depends on the cats and the rabbit's personalities. They might get on fine :)

You should never leave them alone together though as they don't really know how to communicate with each other and fights could easily happen.

It depends on the cats and the rabbit's personalities. They might get on fine :)

You should never leave them alone together though as they don't really know how to communicate with each other and fights could easily happen.

All softies and will all prob be scared stiff of each other. Do you think it would be safe to let the cats wonder into the room while Dylan is in his cage for a little look and see how they react? It has been the cats home for 13 years and they are wondering what is behind the closed door, hehe.

I have 3 cats and a house rabbit.

There are a couple of fights, when Lola chases them a bit too much, but they are OK when they stay out of each others way. Lola would love to play with the cats but the cats aint having any of it so we just keep them out of each others way!

My bunny and I have been staying with my OH since the beginning of the month, and he has a cat. Gizmo is obsessed with charlie (the cat) but charlie wants nothing to do with gizmo! The only time he is brave enough to even sniff Giz is when he is in his cage, yet the second giz goes over to sniff him, charlie runs! Have been watching them closely the past few days, because charlie seems to be stroking gizmo with his paw, with his claws hidden, so need to make sure he doesnt get more confident and decide to play!!

pleased to hear things ok with Lola and her cat friends now after the last little scrape - she's a little monkey isn't she? I would imagine most feisty buns could give a cat a run for their money but I guess it's those claws (cats) you need to worry about.

I have 3 cats, 2 female and 1 male and I've been finding it quite difficult since Daisy bunny arrived last weekend. Daisy has a big run in the living room and the cats are being kept out of the room, but they are all desperate to get in and see her. I've let them in at different times, and the 2 female cats have touched noses with her a few times and seem ok so far, but my male cat goes straight into hunting mode the second he walks into the room - eyes flashing, tail going etc. So it's cats in the rest of the house, bunny in the living room here so far.

So, I guess it really depends on the cats, but as long as you're vigilant it probably wouldn't hurt to let the cats in while Dylan's in his cage and monitor reactions.

Good luck :)

Back