• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helmi and Väiski

Tahmis

Young Bun
Here are my little mixie bunnies <3
Helmi is the white one, Väiski is the chinchilla one.

22046260lg.jpg

Väiski the baby bunny. He wasn't even a year old when this photo was taken.

vaiskionjepujee.jpg

Väiski a little older. 1-2 years old.

37745425.jpg

Helmi running on grass! Whee!

iihana3.png

Helmi outside.

ihana2.png

Väiski on a trampoline.

ihana3.png

Väiski after swimming n__n

37745419.jpg

Juump!

petsie016152032_b.jpg

Bestfriends forever <3 Sister and brother

reenit.png

Väiski and neighbour's netherland dwarf, Suffeli, after rabbit hopping training

noangstx019.jpg

Whee!

noangstx018.jpg

Väiski loves jumping <3

kanit_ulkona_lol014.png

Väiski outside.

IMG_1865.jpg

Here comes Helmi!

IMG_1858.jpg

My pretty bunny <3

IMG_1830.jpg

Väiski posing

IMG_1822.jpg

Väiski and neighbour's holland lop, Osku.

IMG_0999.jpg

Helmi and Osku's footprints.

IMG_0992.jpg

Lovers <3

The story of Väiski and Helmi:
Väiski and Helmi were born with their brother (name unknown) here in Finland as an "accident". The owners had had these "accident litters" earlier, but still they hadn't neutered their rabbits. They didn't want any baby bunnies.
So as always they put the litter for sale and because I had wanted a pet for my whole life my mom decided to buy the white one (Helmi) for me. Before I could take Helmi home I went many times there and the grey one (Väiski) never had anyone to take him. No one wanted the grey one and the owners thought about killing the poor little bunny.
When we went to get Helmi home, the grey one still had no one to take him. I'm so happy my mom knew about rabbits. She knew that rabbits liked to live in pairs more than alone, so we bought Väiski also.

The unwanted Väiski has become the favorite of all of our guests, my parents and my friends. Helmi is more aggressive and doesn't like strangers. If I didn't have Väiski, I would have thought that all rabbits are aggressive and I wouldn't get any more rabbits in the future. I wouldn't be planning my future with rabbits. I also love Helmi as much as I love Väiski, but with Väiski's good nature I've learned to really love all rabbits and how intelligent animals they are. The grey one, who no one wanted, is now the rabbit that all of our visitors want to take home with them!

Comments would be fun ^^!

Last edited:
Thank you :)!
I added the story of Väiski and Helmi. I'm so happy I have these two rabbits in my life :love:

I just love them, they are so little and cute :love: :love: :love:The jumping pics are brill!

One thing though, when you say after swimming what do you mean by that? Do you put them in a pool or do they get to choose to do it. Its just I see so many horrid videos on places like youtube where a poor bunny is dumped in a pool and turned away from the side each time they reach it so they are being forced to keep trying to get to safety(im not implying you do this). I have to admit I dont agree with putting bunnies in the latter situation. If its there choice then fair enough.

One thing though, when you say after swimming what do you mean by that? Do you put them in a pool or do they get to choose to do it. Its just I see so many horrid videos on places like youtube where a poor bunny is dumped in a pool and turned away from the side each time they reach it so they are being forced to keep trying to get to safety(im not implying you do this). I have to admit I dont agree with putting bunnies in the latter situation. If its there choice then fair enough.
I agree with you, those people who force their rabbits to swim are cruel and I would never do that!

We have a cottage near a lake and some summer days it's hot and I take Väiski and Helmi to our beach. There I let them play as they like and Väiski is pretty brave, because when he thinks it's too hot he goes to refresh himself by going to the lake. Usually he doesn't actually swim, just walks a little, but sometimes his paws can't reach the bottom anymore so he swims back to the beach. After the swimming I always dry Väiski a little with a towel so he doesn't get a cold or anything that might be bad for his health.
Helmi never goes swimming. Some hot days I spray her with a water bottle a little. She doesn't like it that much, but I don't want her to get a heatstroke or anything.

I agree with you, those people who force their rabbits to swim are cruel and I would never do that!

We have a cottage near a lake and some summer days it's hot and I take Väiski and Helmi to our beach. There I let them play as they like and Väiski is pretty brave, because when he thinks it's too hot he goes to refresh himself by going to the lake. Usually he doesn't actually swim, just walks a little, but sometimes his paws can't reach the bottom anymore so he swims back to the beach. After the swimming I always dry Väiski a little with a towel so he doesn't get a cold or anything that might be bad for his health.
Helmi never goes swimming. Some hot days I spray her with a water bottle a little. She doesn't like it that much, but I don't want her to get a heatstroke or anything.

Aww thats great to here. They certainly look like very spoilt bunnies :love: :love:

Thats such a sweet story:love: they're both sooo cute!

How did you teach them to show jump like that? Very talented bunnies thats for sure! Good on you for being there for a bunny who just needed some love!

Woow great pics & i love the jumping rabbit lool looks like you 3 have a lot of fun together, very cute rabbits :love:

What absolutely stunning pictures! They are gorgeous bunnies and I love the ones of them jumping.

How did you teach them to show jump like that?
Visit: http://www.kaninhop.dk/uk/ and go to the link "Rabbit hopping"
There's some info you might need :)!

Thanks everyone :wave:
Ahaha, Väiski and Helmi sure are spoiled. They get lots of present from my friends and parents every holiday and end up breaking everything they touch and doing things they're not allowed to..

- Väiski jumped over the border of their playing area just now :lol: -

// Edit:

Okay, put him back to the playing area.

And to correct some of your comments, it's only Väiski who likes rabbit hopping (show jumping). Helmi just breaks the barriers and tries to get away from the course, so I don't anymore even try to teach her to do things she doesn't want to do. Some rabbits don't like it, some love it!

Last edited:
Fantastic photographs. I love the idea of your bunny having a paddle in the lake when he's too hot! That is such a cute idea.

The jumping photographs are really good. I knew that there was a whole bunny jumping circuit in Scandanavia. I've seem clips on Youtube which are amazing. I agree that the bunny has to want to do it. One of my two would like it, but my female Gloria would hate it.

Wolfie likes to jump over sticks in the garden and will do it on his own. He likes it if we call him over. He'll do three jumps then turn around and do them again!

The jumping photographs are really good. I knew that there was a whole bunny jumping circuit in Scandanavia. I've seem clips on Youtube which are amazing. I agree that the bunny has to want to do it. One of my two would like it, but my female Gloria would hate it.

Wolfie likes to jump over sticks in the garden and will do it on his own. He likes it if we call him over. He'll do three jumps then turn around and do them again!
Oh, yeah. Mainly Sweden and Finland (I live in Finland) have rabbit hopping competitions here in Scandinavia. The competitions are fun, I was in one last summer with Väiski and our time would have been enough to 2nd place, but Väiski dropped two barriers so we ranked 12th and got a prize "Very good first timer" :)

It's cute when rabbits jump on their own! Only bad thing that rabbits learn from rabbit hopping is that they can jump over all kinds of fences if they aren't large enough :roll:

Back