• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!

ribbons

Mama Doe
Hello there,

Quick question :wave:

My bunny has had her babies three days ago but I am moving back to my house today from staying with my folks & need to know if my bunny will be okay to move with me?

Its a 15 minute journey.

Hi your proberly looking at a couple of weeks when the babies start to leave the nest

Bunny & Her Babies... Help

Hello there...

My bunny has had her babies three days now but when can I give her bed a little clean???:shock:

Also when can I take her back to my home from my folks which is a 15 minute car journey?

Lastly is it okay for her to be moved in to my bedroom where my puppy sleeps with me?:)

My bunny wont be in contact with the puppy but in same room.

You can clean the bed when the babies are about 2-3 weeks old and start leaving the nest. Lift the clean top part out, clean underneath and then put the clean part back.

Can you move the whole cage/hutch? If so then you could move them to your house about the same time. If you want to change the whole environment eg new cage then not until at least 3 weeks old when the babies are hopping around. Take the nest with them.

Do you enough room in your bedroom for accommodation for the mum and babies? Depending on how many she has had you may need quite a large pen. It would need to be dog/rabbit proof - remember babies will squeeze through very small gaps at that age. They'll also be noisy so you might not get much sleep!

Thanks guys!

I keep posting things twice by mistake... My head is wasted lol! :lol:

I would keep her & the babies in the same cage as they are in just now. They are in my spare room but I need to move them in to my bedroom. Completely dog proof but worried if she could smell my puppy would she become upset?

as long as your doe trusts you you can move them about a week or so old thats what I do but I don't know how much your doe trusts you so it might be safe to wait two weeks

Back