• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed to get Debs2811 Bunnies from(Pyrford, Surrey to Nottingham) ASAP

Have you been able to contact Kay yet?I know here helper is normally there all day Saturday so it shouldn't be a problem? pm if you cant contact her and I will give it a try

Emily and Petey all packed up and ready to leave, had my last cuddles and said my goodbyes :cry::cry::cry::cry: Whoa this is SOOOOOOO hard :cry::cry:

So thats them all packed up, and safely on their way with Carol Southmills bunnies. keeping out the way of inlaws not giving them satisfaction of seeing me so upset :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I hope one day i might be able to have them back, if not I hope they have a good retirement lol :cry:

I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this upsetting experience Debs. :cry: I really do feel for you. I thought you might like a little update on your beautiful bunnies after the first part of their journey.

They both travelled really well and are now having an overnight stay with us before continuing onto Kay's tomorrow. As soon as we'd got them settled into their pens they started munching on hay. They've had pellets and a little bit of cabbage for their evening meal. They both look settled and relaxed. :love:

Here they are in their B&B accommodation.

Emily%2520and%2520Petey.jpg

Petey having a wash

Petey.jpg

Emily munching hay

Emily.jpg

Thank you Tracey, the photos are lovely and i Like the B&B accomodation :)

Thank you too to Carol for picking them up and taking them to Tracey.

Today has been very hard and upsetting, its been much harder letting Petey and Emily go today, than it was seeing Benji off last week but thats because I know if circumstances allow once were back on our feet I will get Benji back, where as with Pete and Emily theres a less chance of seeing them again as Kay has offered them a forever home, and also Petey was my very first bunny so that made him extra special, really missing them already and keeping a big box of tissues close by, but I know Kay will love them and hopefully ill get updates and photos if she can?

Thank you to all :wave:and see my babies safely to their new home :cry::cry::cry:

This is an awful thread!! Made me cry :( Debs, your inlaws are :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have to admit I shed some tears when I drove away with them today from you Debs. I wished I could have waved a magic wand and changed your situation. I could see how much you love them and how much a part of your life they are and how difficult it was for you. :cry::cry: They were a pleasure to have on board though - even the M25 on a Friday was pleasurable to drive on with Emily and Petey keeping me company. They even listened to a bit of Radio 2 in the afternoon (easy listening for buns) and then had a picnic when we arrived at the Service Station in Notts whilst we waited for Tracy. I had pop and crisps and they had hay and water. It was a lovely stop off. Then they were off with Tracy and now they've settled into the Ritz for an overnight stay. So glad they travelled well, best wishes to all on the next leg of the journey.

Big hugs to you Debs,

Nice to have met you Tracy - love the pictures

Love South Mill Bunnies

:wave: Lovely pics! That B+B does look posh! I can't wait to meet these two tomorrow. I only wish it was under happier circumstances. :cry: I have told Kay that I will text her once I am about to leave Leeds.

Oh Debs :(

Its all so sad, I expect also it was "easier" letting Benji go because he was the first and there other two were still there, and also like you said hopefully you and Benji can be reunited. But remember that if it ends up that Benji stays -you will always 100% have an open invitation to come round, and i mean that hand on my heart. Give your beautiful doggies a snuggle :love: they will be a comfort to you I hope.

Even if he ended up spending the rest of his days here because your cirumstances don't allow him to come back home - we will just have to share him because I'm not taking him away from you. If circumstances do not allow him home with you then he will just have to have two human mummies - and his bun mum :lol: to love him. So whatever happens with Benji you will see him again because you know where I live and my door is always open. This will make you laugh - he found I had pellets in my cardigan pocket and he ate my cardigan :lol:
2d800c41.jpg

524b3a11.jpg

my niece took this photo after the "cardigan incident" - I was about to take him back to the hutch, how annoyed does he look :lol:

Oh...and heres the evidence of the cardigan eating..
90140d3e.jpg

And I just went out to check on him and he is busy shredding up his new "bath mat" - because he has already peed ALL over his lovely blanket you gave him (which has been through the washing machine twice in a week). AND he even likes my dad - which is saying something :lol:, and Dad loves him! (he doesnt even like my guys that much!!)

I really feel for you debs, I hope you get back on your feet soon and at least her benji back and if you need help gettin to him back to you just let me know

I have to apologise for not being in communication this week with people but I have been working at my vets and doing some really long hours so not been on here and just got around to answering my phone messages.

Deb, I said from the start that I would offer them a forever home but once you were back on your feet you can have them back as I know what a horrid situation this is for you. I am just glad that I had the space for them to stay and you can keep intouch.
Take care and I promise to spoil your babies xxx

Thank you everyone for your kind messages, and thank you SJ for the photos and update on Benji, hes a cheeky naughty boy :lol:

I have to admit i ended up crying myself to sleep last night and even ended up waking myself up in the night with tears rolling down my cheeks, this isnt helping my depression:cry: But one of my doggies is really helping but constantly licking away my tears and he hasnt left my side since they left yesterday.

I want to say a huge Thank you to everyone who has helped out with my babies, and thankyou for all your support and I hope we will see ourselves sorted soon and my babies back home hopefully

:love::love::love:

I have to apologise for not being in communication this week with people but I have been working at my vets and doing some really long hours so not been on here and just got around to answering my phone messages.

Deb, I said from the start that I would offer them a forever home but once you were back on your feet you can have them back as I know what a horrid situation this is for you. I am just glad that I had the space for them to stay and you can keep intouch.
Take care and I promise to spoil your babies xxx

aww this really makes me smile :love:

Have just got in from the 175-mile round trip to take these bunnies to Kay at The Bunny Hop in Bolton. Meeting Tracy and her partner Paul (who drove to the pick up yesterday) was a great bonus and having lunch with our mutual friend Linda was just the greatest treat!:D

If anyone has been so moved by this story that they would like to donate towards the upkeep of the bunnies whilst they are in Kay's care, then I am sure that she would be very grateful. I know that she intends to have Emiley spayed, so this will be one expense on top of day-to-day care that she will be facing quite soon. http://bunnyhoprescue.webs.com/waystohelp.htm

I do hope to help out on the return leg once Debs and her partner are back on their feet :)

I'm glad that the bunnies have arrived safely with Kay and that you have got home safely too, Pollie. It was lovely to meet you. :D

I too will be more than happy to help with any return bunnyrun once Debs is back on her feet again.

For me this has been a bunnyrun with a difference as when I've done them before they have been happy occasions, but this one has been filled with sadness because of the circumstances involved. I do hope that your luck turns around very soon Debs and you can be reunited with your beloved bunnies again.

Just to let everyone know that Petey & emily are now living as a bonded pair. They just went straight together (how i love bonding like that). Petey & emily are going for health checks& to meet my vets on monday.

pollie it was lovely to meet you tonight, we will have to get together again soon when we both have a bit more time.

Back