• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea & Henry - A happy ending :)

If its working I'd say don't worry. I think hides just need 2 entrance / exit so the dominant bunny doesn't trap / corner the other. I personally think introducing something of Beas is a good test ...it could have sent things off one one but it didn;t. My three took ages to bond & although Joey is top bunny Boo is the bossy bunny. They'd been stable for weeks & as OH was away I decided to sleep on the sofa to see more of the bunnies, as soon as I bought the quilt down Boo went nuts at Mouse & I can only think it must have been the smell :)lol: in my defence Boo has a nose like a whippet & I do change the bedding weekly). Upstairs was Boos domain, Joey & Mouse were free to go upstairs but only Boo did, she'd not join the others downstairs til it got light but stay guarding us :love: I digress. I can kind of identify with your OH as opinions are mixed online & he isn't getting the direct advice you are ...& it does feel mean confining them though I totally get why. I had a week in small space with my 3 after which Joe escaped & I've never seen so many binkies (from Boo too)

Well there isn't 2 exits but it's in now, it's heavy and the pen is cable tied so it's not coming out! I kinda wouldn't mind but he always does it when I'm out and just before he goes to work which means that if there's any fallout then it's me that has to deal with it through the night. They are his bunnies too though so I guess I've got to let him have some say...!
Nothing is changing now though. I want to see Beauty & The Beast on Monday (we had to cancel our plans last week) so it will be at least Tuesday till we expand out again :)

308kw2g.png

Looks lovely :love:

Would either of them try and jump the windowsill? (Mine would :lol:)

Henry seems to love it and he jumped straight up. He's lying inside the bottom now with his head sticking out. He's very sweet.
Mmm! Yes! Bea used to try so we got a blanket and attached it to each side of the pen, just enough to go over the hide so that she couldn't get on the top. I will probably have to put that back on before I go to sleep!

Still doing great :)
Bea has decided that she isn't close enough when she flops next to him so she has decided to start flopping on top of him instead :roll:

Okay...I need to see photos if this happens again. :love: I love a good bunny pile! :lol:

The picture of the current setup looks awesome! :D I hope they stay civil and your OH realizes that slow and steady is the way to go here. No sense having to back it all up to square one. :roll:

Nice that he takes an interest though. I wish my ex had cared enough about the rabs to deal with them with me on a daily basis. You are very lucky in that regard. :)

Okay...I need to see photos if this happens again. :love: I love a good bunny pile! :lol:

The picture of the current setup looks awesome! :D I hope they stay civil and your OH realizes that slow and steady is the way to go here. No sense having to back it all up to square one. :roll:

Nice that he takes an interest though. I wish my ex had cared enough about the rabs to deal with them with me on a daily basis. You are very lucky in that regard. :)

Oh I'm very lucky in that respect. He is amazing with them. He loves them and cares for them just as much as I do and I couldn't ask for anything more really :)
I will try my best to get a snap next time she decided to use him as a pillow! :)

*Sings*
The buuuun shack is a little old place where Bea can get togetheeeeer with her Henryyyyy :love:

Pretty sure that I'm never going to see them again. They love the hide (bun shack) so much and they cuddle and flop together inside it. Bea seems so happy at the moment too.

*Sings*
The buuuun shack is a little old place where Bea can get togetheeeeer with her Henryyyyy :love:

Pretty sure that I'm never going to see them again. They love the hide (bun shack) so much and they cuddle and flop together inside it. Bea seems so happy at the moment too.

Aww :love: that is lovely :love:

Eeeeeeeeearrrrrssss! :lol:

I just love how lop bunny ears assume airline positions. Time for take off! :lol:

Ahhh...bunny hides...I've always gone cheap and just given them boxes, but those don't last... :( Mimzy will pee his up in 60 seconds flat and that's on a bad day. :roll:

Bea just did a jumping, binky which turned into a flop and roll :lol: her feet then landed on Henry's back :lol: They have been like this for about 15 minutes now :love:
160v69i.jpg

I think that I now have 2 happily bonded bunnies! They have full access to the rooms downstairs now when we are home/awake and we've had no issues at all except for a bit of humping when they first ventured into the other room. This is how I found them last night when I got home from work :)

351izjc.jpg

My beautiful babies! They are going to be completely free range soon but we think that Henry benefits from having a safe place for now :)

I think that I now have 2 happily bonded bunnies! They have full access to the rooms downstairs now when we are home/awake and we've had no issues at all except for a bit of humping when they first ventured into the other room. This is how I found them last night when I got home from work :)

351izjc.jpg

My beautiful babies! They are going to be completely free range soon but we think that Henry benefits from having a safe place for now :)

they certainly are :love:

351izjc.jpg

How wonderful :love:

Now can you change the title of the thread to prevent me having more heart stopping moments!! :shock:

Back