• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis and vaccination question

Thanks everyone xx It really was a relief to see those nuggets!

I haven't seen him eat at all today. That's not unusual for him as in past stasis episodes he often hasn't eaten at all, or eaten very little, on the first day or so. So I'm just carrying on with the syringe feeds to make sure he's getting enough food in his tummy.

Thanks everyone xx It really was a relief to see those nuggets!

I haven't seen him eat at all today. That's not unusual for him as in past stasis episodes he often hasn't eaten at all, or eaten very little, on the first day or so. So I'm just carrying on with the syringe feeds to make sure he's getting enough food in his tummy.

Is he still on prokinerics. and pain relief too ? These need to continue until he is eating and pooing normally. Hope he has continued to improve overnight x

I'm pleased to say that Snoopy seems to be doing really well at the moment. I woke up to hear him enthusiastically munching away on some herbs. We don't normally get that until day three or four! He has also done loads of poos overnight. They're still not as big as normal so I'm going to carry on with the supportive care until they're fully back to normal.
Jane, he is on metacam and cisapride as well as the syringe feeds.x

I'm pleased to say that Snoopy seems to be doing really well at the moment. I woke up to hear him enthusiastically munching away on some herbs. We don't normally get that until day three or four! He has also done loads of poos overnight. They're still not as big as normal so I'm going to carry on with the supportive care until they're fully back to normal.
Jane, he is on metacam and cisapride as well as the syringe feeds.x

:thumb:

Thanks for asking J&B. His poos are looking a lot better and he's eating well. We're currently in the sulking phase, where he's once again expressing his displeasure at having to go to the vet and having syringes shoved in his gob. He's had a bit of fisticuffs with Fudgie so I'm just keeping an eye on them. Happens every bloody time!

Bunnies! If its not one thing its another. I'm pleased he's eating well at least. I remember yours have little spats at times like these. Hoping they are back to normal matrimonial relationships soon

Thanks! I know, they really are a pair of stinkers! The problem is that Snoopy gets himself all wound up and Fudgie just goes out of her way to annoy him. I'm just letting them sort themselves out while keeping a close eye on them.

In a day or so, Snoopy will decide to end his sit in protest in the bedroom and venture out. Fudgie will then keep chasing him back in...

You should maybe get Fudgie a job as a Covid Marshall...bring in some extra pennies. Sounds like she'd be rather good at it

You should maybe get Fudgie a job as a Covid Marshall...bring in some extra pennies. Sounds like she'd be rather good at it

She'd be brilliant at it! Covid would disappear in two weeks as she wouldn't let anyone leave the house!

After that I'm sending Snoopy in to take charge of the Brexit negotiations. He'll just bite everyone and the whole thing will be done and dusted within five minutes.

Breaking news! Snoopy has decided he's made his point and has now left the bedroom. Amazingly Fudgie didn't chase him back in and they're now cuddling up on the living room rug.

Maybe she's saving her energy for her new Covid marshall duties.

Breaking news! Snoopy has decided he's made his point and has now left the bedroom. Amazingly Fudgie didn't chase him back in and they're now cuddling up on the living room rug.

Maybe she's saving her energy for her new Covid marshall duties

Probably she was performing covid practise duties but for once Snoopy had the sense to stay in isolation til his temperature was perfect & poops golden

Good to hear they are cuddling again

Back