• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are buns meant to look like this top down?

Phillip's heart was also picked up on x-ray. I really hope you get to the bottom of things soon. You must be absolutely exhausted with all of this. Sending lots of love x

He just had belly pressing and stasis. :( Hopefully is just fur xx oh and he never had a heart scan.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
:( my vet said the xray looked fine, although today's one her arm was in the way of her heart, so last was last Friday where it could be seen, I'm hoping it's just the fur, she's been a lot more normal since passing that poop mess and coming back from the vets, so here's hoping, If we can get her back to eating and decent poops again I might get the heart scan for peace of mind, but my vets confident it's not that and doesn't wanna do it because the gut stuff.. So I feel like I'm in a catch 22 :( I don't wanna put her through something unnecessary when it could harm her more, especially when my vet doesn't think it's a problem.. But now I'm worried it could be her heart :( buns aye! Nightmare [emoji51]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Phillip's heart was also picked up on x-ray. I really hope you get to the bottom of things soon. You must be absolutely exhausted with all of this. Sending lots of love x
Yea it's like the stasis that never ends :( I've been running on such little sleep for a week and a half now :( and I've got the hamster who needs her medication every night too [emoji51]

Maybe I can get her another appointment and ask the vet if there's a better angle we can take the xray at to confirm it via that, without putting her out for it [emoji51]

Thanks for the support x

Yea it's like the stasis that never ends :( I've been running on such little sleep for a week and a half now :( and I've got the hamster who needs her medication every night too [emoji51]

Maybe I can get her another appointment and ask the vet if there's a better angle we can take the xray at to confirm it via that, without putting her out for it [emoji51]

Thanks for the support x

Perhaps ask your vet if a conscious ultrasound is a possibility too? Phillip has had those to check his heart after the initial diagnosis, I don't know if you can diagnose heart problems with it though. But always worth asking.

Sounds very stressful, and not knowing what the problem is, is hard going. Clementine is very lucky to have you fighting her corner x

Perhaps ask your vet if a conscious ultrasound is a possibility too? Phillip has had those to check his heart after the initial diagnosis, I don't know if you can diagnose heart problems with it though. But always worth asking.

Sounds very stressful, and not knowing what the problem is, is hard going. Clementine is very lucky to have you fighting her corner x
Yea I think I will, just remember it wasn't last Friday for last xray before today's it was earlier that week I think - it's all merging into one huge mess in my brain [emoji37]
Vibes for Clem & you xx
Thank you xx

Sending lots of love and hugs. I hope you can find out what the issue is.
Thanks Omi :) me too.

Just gave her meds and cleaned out her tray again, like 30 poops! All small and black and worse than where we were yesterday but definitely a positive, she's eating hay again and taking treats again!

I'm at the hospital tomorrow with my nan so doing medication is gunna be difficult it's gunna be 12,8,4 for the Cisapride and Emeprid now, which is gunna be tough, was much easier doing 2 times a day :( and I'm the only one who will give meds, and my boyfriend has to make up the time where he left early today anyway so Idk how we are gunna manage the 4pm dose :( have to see how my day pans out I guess :(

Back