• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and then they were (hopefully ) three

Are they continentals May I ask? I just have posted a thread in these as I’m looking to adopt! Sorry to bother you if they aren’t but they are just beautiful anuway!! :)

Dillon is a conti, Cuthbert has some conti in him and Vimto is a rex crossed with a something. They are all very young, Vimto born the beginning of August and the boys on the 24th August. Thank you for saying they are beautiful I think so too.

Thank you all for your comments, last night Dillon and Vimto seemed lethargic, small amounts of pellets eaten and water. This morning Cuthbert and Vimto are back to there normal selves, Dillon is eating and pottling about but seems really static - I have changed their blankets in the run.

Joey&boo size of poo - yes they are a little smaller than usual, and the run of Vimto's run is the same material as the boys run.

I have found the kindle basket has been chewed, its a wicker type basket from sainsburys - now removed out of reach, they have never chewed it before and maybe I am just guessing but better to remove it at this stage.

Pleased C&V are back to full force, I hope Dillon follows suit

Day 23 in the big bunny house.

I came in from work and opened the door for the boys to play out - both of them appeared, both alert and interested, both reaching up to grab a cabbage leaf I had in my hand. Dillon still isn't eating quite as much as I would like but he is much more his usual self. He did his routine of moving items outs of his way, sniffing at Jess and bouncing on IzabellaNIghtmare and is now led on the sofa watching in case there is pancakes for him (I have cut some rounds of parsnip and called them pancakes) . Oh and good sized poo's too :D

Day 23 in the big bunny house.

I came in from work and opened the door for the boys to play out - both of them appeared, both alert and interested, both reaching up to grab a cabbage leaf I had in my hand. Dillon still isn't eating quite as much as I would like but he is much more his usual self. He did his routine of moving items outs of his way, sniffing at Jess and bouncing on IzabellaNIghtmare and is now led on the sofa watching in case there is pancakes for him (I have cut some rounds of parsnip and called them pancakes) . Oh and good sized poo's too :D

Phew :D

Day 29 in the big bunny house,

I swear that when Vimto gets her treat in a morning that she takes it to show the boys. I am thinking that Wednesday might be play date day? - eek

Day 31 in the big bunny house.

Today was the day for play dating. I set up a very small area in the leanto (where o/h chops wood and keeps bike tools etc) this is the only area of the house the bunnies have not been in. I used the area that o/h chops the wood in rather than the side where his mbike stuff is in case there was oil etc on the floor.

I put the boys in the carrier and lifted Vimto in my arms and went and sat in the area. Problem was that the leanto is south facing and we all got really hot as the sun is beating down today. They had an hour in there but I was beginning to worry about overheating.
We moved outside into the sunshine and a corner of the garden that has O/H's motorbike in. Usually they are not allowed over that side but today I put them into a very small run and they had an hour out here. (but then I worried about them being cold:? ) They had over two hours together, Cuthbert has a lump of fur missing from his back (from Dillon) and Dillon has a scratch in his ear where Vimto bounced over the top of him. Vimto has a fur pull on her bottom.

The first meeting - I think they are all a bit stunned.

20180221_095900 by mark andra, on Flickr

Dillon moves in straight away to hump Cuthbert, Vimto jumped on my knee
20180221_095953 by mark andra, on Flickr

Everytime Dillon humped Cuthbert, Vimto went under them
20180221_100009 by mark andra, on Flickr

I am not sure what vimto was trying to do but she wanted in with them
20180221_100240 by mark andra, on Flickr

Poor humped Cuthbert
20180221_101013 by mark andra, on Flickr

Too hot or too humped
20180221_102601 by mark andra, on Flickr

Lovely photos ❤️❤️❤️ It looks to be going well. I think the fact Vimto is relaxed enough to groom herself near the boys is a good sign [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all went sour this afternoon with Vimto going under Dillon - with aggression, he was aggressive back and they became too stressed. We will try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sunny again.

Does anyone know why she was trying to get under him? I presume to bite?

That's a shame. It looked to be going well in the pics. I've no idea why Vimto was trying to get underneath. I suppose it could have been to bite, but she was doing that previously (in the pics) and could have bitten then if she really wanted to. I think they do sometimes go for the genitals, but I know with my recent failed bonding experience, there was absolutely no hesitation and the other rabbit attacked Tethra's head and bit immediately.

Hopefully, tomorrow might go better.

Does Dillon usually hump Cuthbert?

Yes, but certainly not as often as today, if there are any changes ie when Vimto came, Cuthbert gets humped. So much so he just puts his head down Dillon jumps on his head and a brief shake and its all over, Dillon gets off and Cuthbert just sits there. All three are neutered.

Hopefully you don't mind me sharing.

After yesterday evenings session where Vimto was the aggressor todays session was a lot better. I even managed to increase the space, and I have never played as much suduko on my phone.
Again we were in the leanto (it seemed to help that next doors dog was barking)

Toys were a bad idea - I was scared she would get squashed. Vimto had gone through and Cuthbert wanted to go in too
20180222_162702 by mark andra, on Flickr

When it all kicked off Cuthbert hid behind my wellies
20180222_163002 by mark andra, on Flickr

When Vimto moved suddenly or quickly Dillon whipped round to her but he didn't fur pull nor did she try to get under him. In fact she put her head down to him
20180222_164708 by mark andra, on Flickr

He didn't quite wash her but he was gentle with her
20180222_163950 by mark andra, on Flickr

a bad photo but my favourite, Cuthbert has stretched out to snooze and Dillon is eating the same piece of veg as Vimto
20180222_171535 by mark andra, on Flickr

There was no humping, no excessive fur pulling just Dillon skidding into anyone who moved too fast.

Wow, what a difference a day makes :D This now seems to be going so well. What a gorgeous pic of Cuthbert behind your wellies :love:

Back