• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny falling over

Kellyum

New Kit
Hi, I'm a little concerned about my eldest bun Ebony. I noticed that a few times her back legs seems to give away a little if she moves too fast. She's about 6 and half years old, and has been in great health since we got her. We have a home made house which has 2 floors and she's getting up and down OK, eating and pooping OK, we've lifted her and she doesn't seem to be in any pain. Just every now and again, she seems to move a bit fast and her wee back legs seem to give way and she looks like she's flopped over on her side as if she's relaxing, but she jumps up straight away and then is fine. The last time it happened was Tuesday (this is Thursday) and I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem with their bun?
thanks x

She needs to be examined by a Vet. She may have some degenerative changes in her spine causing hind leg weakness. There are also neurological possibilities. But without a full examination it's impossible to give you a definative answer as to why she keeps falling over.
Good luck

thanks, I was going to give the vet a call in the morning to see if I can get appointment for the weekend.
x

Ebony has an ear infection, the vet gave me drops which we put in twice a day but she's been quite bad the last few days especially in the morning. Going back to the vet for a wee checkup in a few weeks and hopefully that will be cleared up.

Ebony has an ear infection, the vet gave me drops which we put in twice a day but she's been quite bad the last few days especially in the morning. Going back to the vet for a wee checkup in a few weeks and hopefully that will be cleared up.

If she is deteriorating she needs to go back to a Vet ASAP. She cant wait a few weeks............ :?

Is she on strong abx? She really needs to be if she has an ear infection, they can spiral out of control very fast :(
xxx

Back