• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny Shed!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
The new bunny shed is finally complete! :D

It only took nearly four weeks! Here's a little photo diary of the construction...

The before pics...
Shed1b.jpg

Shed3b.jpg

The shed in pieces...
Shed4b.jpg

Building the shed...
Shed5b.jpg

Shed7b.jpg

There were a few problems. Some of the instructions were wrong for the size I bought. There wasn't enough roofing felt (luckily I already had a roll) and the tacks supplied were useless, so I had to buy better ones. Some of the wood was bent so I had to buy more. I'm sure there were other problems, but I can't remember now! :oops:

Shed8b.jpg

Shed9b.jpg

Shed10b.jpg

Shed11b.jpg

Painted, added a couple of windows, a cat flap, bolts and a couple of window boxes...
Shed12b.jpg

Shed17b.jpg

Shed18b.jpg

Inside, I made a second floor, put lino on the floor, carpet on the second floor, made a ramp and a ledge so the buns don't fall off, added a large litter tray, a couple of beds and a toy...
Shed36b.jpg

Shed40b.jpg

Shed35b.jpg

Shed39b.jpg

Salem approves! :lol:
Shed42b.jpg

I think it looks awesome! Buns have gone from having 68sq feet to 80 sq feet (not including upper level) I think! I'm very proud of my painting and DIY skills!*

*My dad helped a LOT!

Thanks! :D I can't stop looking at it! :lol: It's 4x6 so big enough for me to sleep in if I ever get locked out! :oops: :lol: Hope I don't get squatters! :shock:

Thank you everyone! :wave:

I wish I'd kept a list of how much it all cost, but perhaps it's for the best I didn't! :shock: :lol:

Now it's here I can't believe I had that awful hutch for so long :( I thought the shed might take over the garden, but really it's the best thing about my garden now! (Except for the beautiful buns, of course!) :)

Back