• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!

My plan was always to have a "summer set up" at the top of the garden with a new cage and run. The cage is ready but not yet in use (was waiting for better weather) but I suppose if I had to I could put George and Mildred up there during the day and then back to the run cage at night.... They'd be around 20ft away from each other then during the day then wouldn't see each other at night as the run cages are side by side.
Would this help? I was hoping to put them all in the new cage at once as no one has ever been in there but I'll do whatever it takes right now not lose the bond between George and Mildred. Charlie causing a problem is stressful enough without G&M falling out too!
Charlie seems really cross today - grumpy little git is biting his run bars and shredding his paper box like a mad thing!

My plan was always to have a "summer set up" at the top of the garden with a new cage and run. The cage is ready but not yet in use (was waiting for better weather) but I suppose if I had to I could put George and Mildred up there during the day and then back to the run cage at night.... They'd be around 20ft away from each other then during the day then wouldn't see each other at night as the run cages are side by side.
Would this help? I was hoping to put them all in the new cage at once as no one has ever been in there but I'll do whatever it takes right now not lose the bond between George and Mildred. Charlie causing a problem is stressful enough without G&M falling out too!
Charlie seems really cross today - grumpy little git is biting his run bars and shredding his paper box like a mad thing!

How's Charlie today?

He's probably frustrated to be honest.

If you use the summer set up for George and Mildred, won't that ruin your 'neutral space' for bonding?

How's Charlie today?

He's probably frustrated to be honest.

If you use the summer set up for George and Mildred, won't that ruin your 'neutral space' for bonding?

Charlie is very grumpy 😡 foot stomping if I speak to him, runs away if I try and touch him and bar chewing like he's desperate for escape. That was also my thoughts on the new set up... George and Mildred seem their usual happy selves at the minute - not in the least bit bothered that Charlie is confined in a section of the big run in fact if anything they seem quite pleased they've another object to climb onto and jump off! I swear I can almost hear chants of "nur-nur look how much fun we're having now you're not out here" lol! Think I'll just leave things alone for now and see how it goes. Fingers crossed everything will remain calm and then I can use the summer set up for Rebonding when Charlie's hormones have settled in a couple of months and weather will be better to be in summer area then too

Back