• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour - piddling in his pellets!

Why would Cuthbert have suddenly started to piddle in his pellets! - that boy is bonkers!!!

He has a perfectly good litter tray and then a tiny 3 inch bowl for pellets.

Strange. Is he piddling everywhere, just wondering if its the start of a urinary infection. Doughnut tiddles everywhere when she has one as can't hold on to it.

No he has newspaper and some shavings (I know shavings are naughty) next to his hay box.

Please don't use shavings - they can cause respiratory problems. Rabbits love to wee and poo at the same time as eating, so a large littertray (underbed storage box) with thick layer of newspaper and stuffed with good hay would go down very well and would probably solve the problem.

PS Megazorb is relatively cheap and makes very good, absorbent layer. It can go over layer of newspaper and then a thick layer of hay goes over that.

Last edited:
PS Megazorb is relatively cheap and makes very good, absorbent layer. It can go over layer of newspaper and then a thick layer of hay goes over that.[/QUOTE]

I will look up Megazorb - thank you :)

PS Megazorb is relatively cheap and makes very good, absorbent layer. It can go over layer of newspaper and then a thick layer of hay goes over that.

I will look up Megazorb - thank you :)[/QUOTE]

The bag is big and heavy - but it does work well. (I didn't know much about it when it was recommended to me.)

I will look up Megazorb - thank you :)[/QUOTE]

Megazorb is great, however I personally don't like the smell indoors... For outdoors it was fab though - I use fitch bedding indoors it's like carefresh and Megazorb but cheaper than carefresh and less stinky than Megazorb haha some people don't have an issue with the smell tho :) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Why would Cuthbert have suddenly started to piddle in his pellets! - that boy is bonkers!!!

He has a perfectly good litter tray and then a tiny 3 inch bowl for pellets.

Yes, it happens!! Not fair on the bunnies who share the bowl.

Solution - smaller bowl - harder to aim correctly :D

Actually just remembered Clementine started peeing in her food when she was like 16 weeks old... I moved the food and put the litter tray there and everything was fine - she'd early decided that space was the toilet haha maybe it's similar?

I will look up Megazorb - thank you :)

Megazorb is great, however I personally don't like the smell indoors... For outdoors it was fab though - I use fitch bedding indoors it's like carefresh and Megazorb but cheaper than carefresh and less stinky than Megazorb haha some people don't have an issue with the smell tho :) x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with you about the smell - I'd forgotten how horrible it was when it was open in my hall until someone could carry it through to the garage.

I use the recycled paper pellets. No smell at all. I do a layer of pellets then newspaper with hay one end and more pellets on the other end then just pick up the paper and chuck it when dirty. I do her tray twice a day and there's no smell

Yes, I agree with you about the smell - I'd forgotten how horrible it was when it was open in my hall until someone could carry it through to the garage.[/QUOTE]

Yea I bought a big bag and was using it for outside hutches litter trays and I was like this stuffs great! Because it is, but then I decided to use it inside aswell and I just couldn't deal with it. Fitch stuff has no scent it's just slightly bigger pieces than the Megazorb or what I also like are the paper litter pellets they sell them in pets at home I forget their name though x

Last edited:
Thank you - hay and newspaper in the litter trays and that seems (fingers crossed) to be that! - however i will let you know after a day or two of the new regime.

Back