• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Joey, single male, 2yrs – DEAF - Leicestershire

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of lauraandmike

Joey is deaf which is an important thing to add.

Physical Description
Medium sized lop with sooty fawn colouring

Temperament
Very very friendly and extremely trusting, loves humans

Sex
Male

Neuter Status
Neutered

Vaccination Status
Vaccinations up to date (VHD and Myxi)

Health
Joey is DEAF.
He is in excellent health and the vet says he has perfect teeth.

Type of home wanted
Because Joey is deaf he can only go to an experienced owner with a stable and calm home. He must be approached from a distance and know you are there, otherwise he will bolt and hurt himself. For this reason he will be better suited as a house bun, so that cats and foxes cannot sneak up and scare him. He presently lives as a house rabbit, but also loves to go outside, although he doesn’t seem to miss the outdoors like my other rabbits do. He is litter trained and only likes to chew one thing (my shoes). MUST be rehomed with a female rabbit. Home check required.

Reason for rehoming
Joey came to us in January 2010, and he’s been looking for his own home ever since. We took Joey in because his previous owners did not want him and had neglected him badly. He is now very healthy, confident, relaxed and loving. We will be very upset to see Joey go as we have become completely attached to him, but there is not enough room here with our other rabbits. Most importantly, he needs a female partner as he is bored and extremely lonely, with lots of space and his own garden in the summer. Work commitments and the care of our other rabbits means that he spends most of his time on his own. Bonding must be done by an experienced person i.e. a rescue (for a joint donation).

http://www.bobjuice.co.uk/joey1.JPG

joey1.JPG

joey2.JPG

joey3.JPG

joey4.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Oh he's so handsome xxxxxxxxx

I hope someone takes him on :love:

Hi Lops

I noticed you are in the East Midlands. Can't I tempt you with the handsome Joey? I think hes taken quite a shine to Cilla :love: ! Or is she already spoken for?

Laura x

:shock: Who stole Biccy and put him up for rehoming?!

Joey is absolutely gorgeous (totally bias!).

May i ask why he is deaf? Was it from birth, or some kind of genetic issue? Or something else?

May i ask why he is deaf? Was it from birth, or some kind of genetic issue? Or something else?

Thats why I love him! :love: :lol:

Hi GrahamL

He was deaf when we got him when he was about a year old, the previous owners hadn't even noticed, but then he never left his hutch.

The vet says his ears are healthy and there is no problem, apparently lops are more prone to deafness because the ear canals are kinked.

I don't want this to stop him being rehomed, he just needs a patient owner who will wait for him to turn round and see you, this can take a while if hes cleaning his bum!

xx

The lady who is interested in Joey, I hope you see this new post. I have tried to send you a reply but it says that your storage space is full and you need to clear some space.

please get in touch soon.

laura

I know loads will already know this, but I have two partially deaf buns, and wanted to say please don't let the deafness put you off. as the original post says, you just have to be careful how you approach.

I too have a deaf bun and it really doesnt make much difference :) He does get scared if he doesnt notice youre there, but I find heavy footsteps help (they can still feel vibrations through the floor) and it does mean I can scream, laugh, sing, shout as loud as I like and he doesnt care about any of it.

He's lovely.

I don't see why him being deaf would put people off. I think it's endearing. Sometimes I'm not entirely sure if Archie is hard of hearing or just as daft as a brush :lol:

Oh my goodness!!!! He is lovely!!! :love::love::love: I have a very soft spot for deaf bunnies - my bun Starbuck is deaf and as long as you know not to startle them, then there are not really too many problems. :D And the best thing is that you can watch them sleeping without them waking up because they cant hear you approaching! ;):love:

Awwwwwwwww he is just lovely I have a single female bun and have thought about getting her a husband although right now she is just getting over being spayed.

Back