• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising Event Dates 2015 - Please post your event here!

Honeybunnies Rescue will be standing at the "Town & Country Vets Open Event", Market Harborough on Sunday 5th June, 1pm-4pm

Stands, demonstrations, dog show, pet photographer & lots more!

It would be lovely to see some RU'ers there if any of you can make it :wave:

Saturday 25th June, The Husbands Bosworth Festival followed by party in the park!

This event has been running for a few years now and gets bigger and better each time Lots to do for people of all ages. Vintage cars & machinery, loads of stalls, rare breeds section, guided tours of the stunning walled garden, a band etc etc. Starts at 10.30am and keeps going til around 4pm. At this point the stall holders usually pack up but then the BBQ's and the wine/champagne come out and everyone congregates on the lawn in front of the main house Everyone is welcome, not just people from the village :wave:

We fund-raised there last year and did really well :) It is held in the grounds of Bosworth Hall, a beautiful Elizabethan & Georgian manor house in the village. The owners, Mr & Mrs Maxwell kindly give the use of the grounds to the village once a year for this event. All monies raised from the event go to the Air Ambulance, British Legion and local charities :D

It would be lovely to see some of you guys there :wave:

openday2011.jpg

We are holding our annual Family Fun Day on the 31st July 2011

Please come along, have some fun, meet some friends and see the animals.

A day for the whole family.

Last edited:
openday2011.jpg

We are holding our annual Family Fun Day on the 31st July 2011

Please come along, have some fun, meet some friends and see the animals.

A day for the whole family.

I would like to come... if we are allowed ;) Will see if Vicky is free that day too :thumb: x

Halfpenny Farm Animal Sanctuary open day- 24th July.
Clovenstone, Kintore, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

If you want more info, please pm halfpenny.

Walsall RSPCA are holding a Summer Fun Day on Saturday 30th July 2011 at Pelsall Community Centre (WS3 4BQ) from 11am to 2pm. Lots to do, tombola, raffle, bric a brac, home made cakes, tea/coffee, RSPCA merchandise, face painting, lots of games for the kids including hook a duck and a fun quiz! You can find out more on our website: http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/page43.html

Would be lovely to see some of you there on the day :)

BARNSLEY ANIMAL RESCUE CHARITY (BARC) RABBIT OPEN DAY
SUNDAY 31ST JULY
1 TILL 4PM
23 SKIERS VIEW RD
HOYLAND COMMON
BARNSLEY S74 0BT
JUST OFF JUNCTION 36 OF M1

TOMBOLA , RAFFLE , CRAFT STALLS , CAKES ..AND MEET THE BUNNIES
FREE ENTRANCE , FREE ADVICE

:wave:

2011 Guinea Pig FUN DAY plus
Small and Furry Pet Show
Saturday 19 November At Bentley Pavilion Askern Road Bentley Doncaster DN5 OHT
12.OO till 3.30pm ....... Bring along your Piggie, Hamster or Rabbit
and enter the fab fun show.
Competitions to enter and prizes to win.
Entry is £1 per person ( adult or child)
Free on road car parking
Mini Auction where you can pick up something special for you or your pet.
We will have our popular sale of Homemade Cakes and Jams & Guinea Pig Souveniers plus lots more.......
Childrens animal themed activities.
Raffle and Tombola
Meet the Cavy Corner Guineas and their volunteer helpers.
Free advice and information
Learn how to Health Check check your own Guinea.

Competitions include:
1) Perfect Pet Portrait
Bring a photo of your own special pet to enter
2) Piggie Poet 2011
Ever considered writing a poem about your favourite Guinea? Now is your chance ......Bring it along and display. Prize for the most popular.

The Small and Furry Pet Show classes will be published here 2 weeks before the event. Just £1 per animal to enter a show class.

All pets attending the picnic must be supervised, safe and comfortable in suitable carriers with access to water and food.

This will be our 3rd Guinea Fun Day and Show and we always have a
great day...come join us .......with or without your pet.

All proceeds to support the Cavy Corner Guinea’s.
This is an indoor event with Toilets, Disabled Access, Food and Drinks all available on site.

Please email sue@cavycorner with any queries

Windwhistle Warren fundraiser. 26th May 2012.

Hi, I'm doing a fundraiser for Alice on 26th May.

This is at the Open Day at Pershore Horticultural College at Avonbank, Pershore, Worcs. 10am to 4pm.

This will be the fourth year that I have been invited to attend. Last year raised a great amount and so I'm hoping that we can either do the same or even better this year.

My stall will consist of RWA literature, a great game called 'What's in the Warren?', general bric a brac, hopefully the White Rabbit Publishing Company will supply some cards etc to sell, and a lady is making a beautiful homemade cake to raffle. My OH, the hutch builder will have photos of what he can make and perhaps a few items on display. A percentage of any sales will be donated to Windwhistle Warren.

There also could be.......fingers crossed, a very special item to be either raffled off or sold at a mini auction. I've spoken to a bunny mad celebrity who is willing to help us raise money!!!!!

The Open Day offers lots of things for all ages.

Arts and crafts.
Horticulture.
Plants and produce sales.
Gorgeous homemade refreshments.
Plenty of other stalls offering a wide array of items for sale.
Exotic pets and conservation.
Dog show and agility.
Floristry demonstrations..
RHS talks and displays.
Gardeners question time.
There will also be other animal charity stalls on site. Two of which are local. Canine Friends and Worcester Animal Shelter. So your support for them would also be most welcome.

All of this set in beautiful Worcestershire countryside.

A great day out for all.

And the added bonus of............................free entry!!!

The college can be found on the B4084, just about a mile outside Pershore heading toward Evesham.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

I look forward to seeing some fellow RU members on the 26th.:thumb:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm doing a fundraiser for Alice on 26th May.

This is at the Open Day at Pershore Horticultural College at Avonbank, Pershore, Worcs. 10am to 4pm.

This will be the fourth year that I have been invited to attend. Last year raised a great amount and so I'm hoping that we can either do the same or even better this year.

My stall will consist of RWA literature, a great game called 'What's in the Warren?', general bric a brac, hopefully the White Rabbit Publishing Company will supply some cards etc to sell, and a lady is making a beautiful homemade cake to raffle. My OH, the hutch builder will have photos of what he can make and perhaps a few items on display. A percentage of any sales will be donated to Windwhistle Warren.

There also could be.......fingers crossed, a very special item to be either raffled off or sold at a mini auction. I've spoken to a bunny mad celebrity who is willing to help us raise money!!!!!

The Open Day offers lots of things for all ages.

Arts and crafts.
Horticulture.
Plants and produce sales.
Gorgeous homemade refreshments.
Plenty of other stalls offering a wide array of items for sale.
Exotic pets and conservation.
Dog show and agility.
Floristry demonstrations..
RHS talks and displays.
Gardeners question time.
There will also be other animal charity stalls on site. Two of which are local. Canine Friends and Worcester Animal Shelter. So your support for them would also be most welcome.

All of this set in beautiful Worcestershire countryside.

A great day out for all.

And the added bonus of............................free entry!!!

The college can be found on the B4084, just about a mile outside Pershore heading toward Evesham.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

I look forward to seeing some fellow RU members on the 26th.:thumb:

Hopefully I should be able to come! Just gotta double check! I've got a stash of newspapers for Alice again, if you want me to bring them? I'll try to sort some stuff out for the stall, too.

Hopefully I should be able to come! Just gotta double check! I've got a stash of newspapers for Alice again, if you want me to bring them? I'll try to sort some stuff out for the stall, too.

Fingers crossed you can come along. It would be great to see you and have bunny chats!!!!

Could you perhaps drop the newspapers off at my house beforehand? I will take them to Alice on my next visit.

Stuff for the stall..................:D:D:thumb:

Back