• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny lump

While me and mum went to buy rabbit food she passed. She passed about an hour ago. I know she's in a better place now. My dad was at home and he said she went peacefully.
I know she's at the rainbow bridge now.
Thank you everyone for everything. I'll be writing a little about my beautiful Daisy in the Rainbow Bridge part of the forum and share some pictures too. She's done us proud. I love you Daisy.

I'm so sorry for the loss, she can rest easy now. I'm glad it was peaceful and she is now at ease. You did so much for her and she was clearly a happy comfortable bun all the way through xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While me and mum went to buy rabbit food she passed. She passed about an hour ago. I know she's in a better place now. My dad was at home and he said she went peacefully.
I know she's at the rainbow bridge now.
Thank you everyone for everything. I'll be writing a little about my beautiful Daisy in the Rainbow Bridge part of the forum and share some pictures too. She's done us proud. I love you Daisy.

Dear Christine,

I am so sorry for you loss. Daisy is a beautiful bunny (she could pass as a twin to my Madelyn with her white fluff and tan markings) who was lucky to have such a loving family as yours to be with her until the end.
It does not surprise me that she passed when you and your mum were away. I suspect she wanted you to remember her life, not her passing.
Even though you did not want her to linger, I know you will feel an emptiness in your life now that she has gone to the rainbow bridge. Please know that you did everything you could to make her comfortable as she made the journey to the bridge. Some bunnies are so special that the memories will bring you both smiles and tears for years, and even decades, to come.

May sharing grief with her sons and your love for Daisy and her boys give you some comfort.

I am so sorry. Have just been reading the whole thread and am in tears.:cry:
Sleep peacefully Daisy, a much-loved little bunny.

Thank you mightymax. I'm glad she went at home now. She was comfy and peaceful, I suppose that's all anyone can ask for. Thank you for all your support xxxx hugs.

Thank you mightymax. I'm glad she went at home now. She was comfy and peaceful, I suppose that's all anyone can ask for. Thank you for all your support xxxx hugs.

You're welcome christina. I know you were doing the right thing x

PM me any time if you want a shoulder x hugs x

I've left her with her boys so they can grieve. Sweep looks devastated and patch is hiding.
I need to bury her in a bit. I think 9 o'clock will be the time. I'm worried what if she's still alive and everything, I know she's not though. I've checked her pulse, she's stiff and I've even just checked to see if her pupils would react to light because I couldn't stand thinking I'd buried her alive. She's wrapped in her blanket.

Even though sweetpea and runty are her children too they decided early on in life they wouldn't be part of Daisy's, Sweeps and Patch's group, sweetpea won't come down today, he's hiding in my parents room. Runty keeps digging on my bed and trying to make me laugh. They know something has happen. I feel broken for sweep and patch who have never left her side since birth. :(

I'm so sorry that you have lost Daisy, but she couldn't have asked for a more peaceful way to go, loved and cherished right to the end. Bless you for being so caring. R.I.P. Daisy xxxxx

I'm sorry for your loss,however your Daisy passed peacefully in her own home with familiar things around her R.I.P.lovely Daisy.:cry:

Just had a little cry reading your update. Sleep tight sweet girl, You were loved so very much.
Big hugs to you and your family. Xxx

I've left her with her boys so they can grieve. Sweep looks devastated and patch is hiding.
I need to bury her in a bit. I think 9 o'clock will be the time. I'm worried what if she's still alive and everything, I know she's not though. I've checked her pulse, she's stiff and I've even just checked to see if her pupils would react to light because I couldn't stand thinking I'd buried her alive. She's wrapped in her blanket.

Even though sweetpea and runty are her children too they decided early on in life they wouldn't be part of Daisy's, Sweeps and Patch's group, sweetpea won't come down today, he's hiding in my parents room. Runty keeps digging on my bed and trying to make me laugh. They know something has happen. I feel broken for sweep and patch who have never left her side since birth. :(

You're dong the right thing. I hope the burial went fine for you all. Sweep and Patch have one another, thankfully.

You gave her such love x

Thank you everyone for everything. We laid Daisy to rest in the garden. We place two garden roses on her. The roses had started to bloom the day she went ill, so we thought it was appropriate.

I know tomorrow I'm going to wake up and have a shock. All my bunnies are acting odd tonight. Tonight I went to talk to Sweep and Patch. I offered some apple to sweep as he was looking expectant at me, he was sniffing quite heavily and before I knew what was happening he lunged, bit and growled at me. I'm worried he could smell death on me or something, and I'm worried about him. None of these bunnies have ever lashed out. I worry he thinks I hurt Daisy or something. I feel so sorry for them as I know they're hurting.

Thank you everyone for everything. We laid Daisy to rest in the garden. We place two garden roses on her. The roses had started to bloom the day she went ill, so we thought it was appropriate.

I know tomorrow I'm going to wake up and have a shock. All my bunnies are acting odd tonight. Tonight I went to talk to Sweep and Patch. I offered some apple to sweep as he was looking expectant at me, he was sniffing quite heavily and before I knew what was happening he lunged, bit and growled at me. I'm worried he could smell death on me or something, and I'm worried about him. None of these bunnies have ever lashed out. I worry he thinks I hurt Daisy or something. I feel so sorry for them as I know they're hurting.

No, don't worry that he thinks you hurt Daisy. That will not be the case. He is confused, and you perhaps have the smell of Daisy somewhere about you and he's missing her.

Back