• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggies!

Graciee

Staff member
Yesterday I adopted these piggies! They only met each other yesterday too, so we're all new to each other [emoji38] no names yet, the white and grey long haired one is female and the other male.

They are very sweet [emoji7]

I ordered a c&c cage but it's not arrived yet, should be here next week, looking forward to using that over a cage!
18e66e219579f2d7d362906d21cfa94a.jpg
d6a3b64d5850d268c76346e32b4038ed.jpg
5307b6a3cda587597961aa2d2b7af5d0.jpg
b0059ba3cb673889c07af0aaef8f3741.jpg
1b3f544f8d7b77a5c418b568c99a1dda.jpg
37b8b44e33fd1cd341ea5ed3133e0d26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yay! Very cute. Hope all is going well.

That fleece is looking mighty clean... for now. :lol: You've probably already looked into this, but you will probably want to give the long haired one a summer hair cut soon, when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Yay! Very cute. Hope all is going well.

That fleece is looking mighty clean... for now. [emoji38] You've probably already looked into this, but you will probably want to give the long haired one a summer hair cut soon, when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Seems to be so far!

Haha they've been on it since yesterday afternoon, there are poops about [emoji38] I'll probably spot clean later [emoji38]

It's weird to me that they don't lay together, is that normal? They aren't affectionate like buns to each other!

Yea my friend was fostering her and has sent me a 30 minute grooming video to watch [emoji51][emoji38] so ima do that later [emoji38] how short would you cut it? I've only ever trimmed a hamster skirt [emoji38]

Seems to be so far!

Haha they've been on it since yesterday afternoon, there are poops about [emoji38] I'll probably spot clean later [emoji38]

It's weird to me that they don't lay together, is that normal? They aren't affectionate like buns to each other!

Yea my friend was fostering her and has sent me a 30 minute grooming video to watch [emoji51][emoji38] so ima do that later [emoji38] how short would you cut it? I've only ever trimmed a hamster skirt [emoji38]

Piggies aren't really like bunnies at all when it comes to wanting to be together. They normally want their own space. Sometimes you get pigs with a really strong bond that sit together, but mostly they want to know the other is near, but not too near. :lol:

I've only had one long haired piggy, and I started giving her summer hair cuts later in her life. I wished I'd done it sooner, because it must have been a lot nicer for her in the warm weather. It's all a bit of a bodge, and wouldn't have won any hairdressing prizes, but I didn't ever cut it too short - so not so short as a short haired piggy, but just to get some of the weight out.

Hair cuts: I tend to keep the fur on the rear of my long haired piggies very short - so everything between the back feet is trimmed regularly (ie trousers and bum skirt) as it does tend to get stained and greasy easily. As they are outdoors, I can't always bath them when they need it.

Hair cuts: I tend to keep the fur on the rear of my long haired piggies very short - so everything between the back feet is trimmed regularly (ie trousers and bum skirt) as it does tend to get stained and greasy easily. As they are outdoors, I can't always bath them when they need it.

Trousers! :lol:

The ones I always find a bit odd are the short haired ones that have bit of a skirt going on that needs trimming. One of mine currently has that. Annoying... :lol:

Aww they're so cute! :love: I've never really had any piggies that lie down together, I had 2 brothers who thankfully were able to stay together and they loved cuddling this soft toy cat and would like near eachother as long as cat was in the middle :lol: Rocco and Robyn have a really good bond but still don't lie touching. I trim Rocco as he's long haired

Lovely Piggies! Yeah, they like their own space but I have never had a girl and a boy together so maybe this is different. Some people give each Pig their own everything but I don't know if you should.

Its male pairs that need their own everything and need any houses to have 2 exits to prevent territorial behaviours.

I have 2 girls and a boy. One short haired, one medium and one long haired! Lovely little creatures.

I do give my pigs their own of everything. Just makes things easier if you've got a possessive one. I had a pig years ago who used to sit on food to try to prevent the other from getting it. And I had to put another water bottle in because she would lay in front of it deliberately. Piggy power games. :roll:

Thanks everyone for the advice! Ima give her a week or so but then I'll try giving her a haircut [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Also! Piggies smell! I'm gunna have to investigate the bed bedding situation for them I think, and get a better air purifier, coz they're pongy.. Like musky? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I do have an extremely sensitive sense of smell though tbf to them [emoji38][emoji38]

they are very cute Graicee, congratulations :love:
Thanks [emoji7] I fell in love with the long haired one, that my friend was fostering but the male is lovely too [emoji7] they're so vocal I love it [emoji7]

Back