• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbs

Charlotte Seaney

Warren Scout
Hello everyone
Has any one got any tips on try to get my Alfie to eat herbs, he doesn't like trying anything new. Hazel always used to be the one to try something and as soon as he saw her eating it he would too x

A lot of herbs have strong tastes so can take a bit of getting used to for some rabbits. i have a similar problem with Nutmeg but lately I've been pulling long grass for them and she loves that and has started being a little more adventurous and eating mint and sage as well.

If you grow herbs I always find they enjoy the youngest, newest growth the most. After all this rain there should be a lot of it about.

A lot of herbs have strong tastes so can take a bit of getting used to for some rabbits. i have a similar problem with Nutmeg but lately I've been pulling long grass for them and she loves that and has started being a little more adventurous and eating mint and sage as well.

If you grow herbs I always find they enjoy the youngest, newest growth the most. After all this rain there should be a lot of it about.

Thank you Elena! I'm want to start growing my own herbs but bought these ones from the shop to see how he gets on with them. So far I've tried sticking little bits into his broccoli but that hasn't worked x

does he have a water bowl? put them in with stems sticking out and he might pull them out and get a yummy taste when doing so and decide he likes them. :thumb: we did this when matt was in stasis once and it got him eating again. :love: it also flavours the water a bit i think which they seem to like. obviously leave a normal bowl of water aswell incase he is unimpressed! :wave:

does he have a water bowl? put them in with stems sticking out and he might pull them out and get a yummy taste when doing so and decide he likes them. :thumb: we did this when matt was in stasis once and it got him eating again. :love: it also flavours the water a bit i think which they seem to like. obviously leave a normal bowl of water aswell incase he is unimpressed! :wave:

Hi biscandmatt1 :wave:
Sorry for the late reply. No he doesn't have a water bowl he has a bottle, I have tried with a bowl but he doesn't know what to do with it, lol! This is the 3rd day I've tried the herbs but still now joy. His gone off to be boned with his new friend now so if all goes well maybe his new girl friend will get him eating them ;)

What herbs have you tried? Doughnut loves coriander and dill but not all of the other types. She won't try anything new that's in her bowl unless I hand feed it first of all. If I hand feed it she seems to know that it's OK to eat! Although it may well be she likes to be pampered:D

Back