• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm losing Yan

Omi I am so so so sorry for your loss.
I know words will not help but I'm offering you a hand to hold, a hug if you need it and even an ear to listen if you just want to talk about the wonderful life he had with you.

Binky Free xxxx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So sorry you have lost your much loved bun. Thinking of you X

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your wonderful, supportive and caring posts. I have been very touched.

It is hard :( It's harder than I thought it would be, although I've been in a similar situation several times before. And the temptation to go over and over again the events of the last couple of days and torture myself with questionning each and every stage has been very strong. Your head keeps telling you to focus on the wonderful life he had, but I guess this is all part of the grieving process.

At least Tan and Tethra seem OK at the moment.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful, supportive and caring posts. I have been very touched.

It is hard :( It's harder than I thought it would be, although I've been in a similar situation several times before. And the temptation to go over and over again the events of the last couple of days and torture myself with questionning each and every stage has been very strong. Your head keeps telling you to focus on the wonderful life he had, but I guess this is all part of the grieving process.

I'm glad Tan and Tethra are OK. How is OH doing? Neither of you can have had much sleep?

I can't see that you could've done more for Yan than you did. He had the best care and the most compassionate decision at the end of the day.

I hope time heals for you Omi, and that you are soon able to think about all the lovely things he did and how he made you laugh xx

:cry::cry::cry:
I am so sorry, Omi :cry:
Sweet dreams, Yan.
Thinking of you all and sending comforting hugs. xxxxxxx

I can 100% identify with this. The intense responsibility we feel for our Rabbit friends is over-whelming. I hope that Tan and Tethra will be of some comfort to you, but I am sure that there will always be a Yan shaped space that cannot be filled.

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) xx

Thanks everyone. You're right MightyMax, after any distressing event, it's the waking up and remembering, which we did this morning with a cup of cocoa in bed.

I'm sure it's the same with everyone else in this situation, rabbits become so much a part of your life and daily routine that it's the little things that ping the memories. Going round the garden early this morning to collect their forage breakfast, I know where all the individual wild Sow Thistles grow, which would have been his.

My OH is a much more rational, non-soppy type person than me. I know he is upset, but in a different way. His comment to me as he dropped me off outside the vets yesterday afternoon was, "Just remember it's a job well done. There's more to do with other needy rabbits". It's something he repeats each time I get sad.

I know that Yan was very happy, which gives me enormous comfort. Even though he was 7 1/2, he was just so bouncy :love: His nose was always trying to project out of a small gap in between the runs when I arrived with their forage, just so he could be first! I also am fully aware that I almost lost him 3 years ago when he was so ill with Myx.

Tan and Tethra amazingly seem completely OK. They are still very greedy and it's also nice to see that Tethra is getting more cuddles from his Mum :love:

Lots of hugs for you Omi. You're right that that it's the little things that make it so hard, the daily routine, seeing their favourite food and toys etc. He certainly did have a wonderful life with you. A lovely home with his family and he ate like a king with all that lovely forage! No bunny could ask for more xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back