• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing

beki

Mama Doe
Arrgh!!! I have filled the Hutch with chew toys and cardboard boxes and Bertie is still chewing my beautiful new welfare hutch!!! I still have to get some metal to protect the edges of the vinyl round the hatch to get to the lower level, will probably have to replace the whole vinyl in that section as he has eaten a huge hole out of it. I was hoping ruby would tell him off, being in charge and not being a chewer herself but she just lets him do it. No discipline!!! Lol.

He chews the run also so I don't think it has anything to do with times when he is shut in the hutch.

Unless I can come up with any other solutions I can only hope when he has chewed all of the sharp corners off so that they are flat he will leave it alone!

My rabbit Flo did this to her run! She chewed at the edges so they were flat so more comfy when she was laying down next to it :lol: She doesn't chew it much anymore!
I think rabbits just chew anything they shouldn't...Flo likes to chew the toys she's not supposed to and not the chew toys haha!

Back