• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to order hay... In bulk... Where?

Yes, I would suggest a feed merchant or equine shop. You can buy large bales cheaply and if they are produced for horses they should be good quality. I always check by pulling a bit out from the middle of the bale and checking it for any dust and making sure it smells nice. You can use an old duvet cover to put the bale in, or wrap in tarp if you haven't got a bale carrier.

I have mucked up my hay supply too, running low on Timothy hay. Noticed they don’t have it on their website any more, only oat hay, so I emailed to ask and they only have a small supply left. I have about 3/4 of a farm bale though which my fussy bunnies wouldn’t touch after I got them the Timothy hay :lol: so over Christmas they’ll just have to make do! If the Timothy hay is not going to be available over the next few months though they will have to get used to an alternative.

I have mucked up my hay supply too, running low on Timothy hay. Noticed they don’t have it on their website any more, only oat hay, so I emailed to ask and they only have a small supply left. I have about 3/4 of a farm bale though which my fussy bunnies wouldn’t touch after I got them the Timothy hay :lol: so over Christmas they’ll just have to make do! If the Timothy hay is not going to be available over the next few months though they will have to get used to an alternative.

Oh no :( I've just had some delivered a few days ago. Glad I did now, but it's not going to last that long.

Oh no :( I've just had some delivered a few days ago. Glad I did now, but it's not going to last that long.
Same I had two delivered on Wednesday, half way through another bag too, one bag only lasts about a month maybe not even? If they don't get more til next summer.. Not sure what I'll do [emoji51]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I planned to collect some before Christmas, just didn’t get around to it. Yes a bag lasts me about a month so as it’s going to be a few months before the new batch will be ready I’m probably as well to find an alternative now. The email said ‘We have a small stock of Timothy available’ which I take to be not enough to last until the new batch is ready!

I planned to collect some before Christmas, just didn’t get around to it. Yes a bag lasts me about a month so as it’s going to be a few months before the new batch will be ready I’m probably as well to find an alternative now. The email said ‘We have a small stock of Timothy available’ which I take to be not enough to last until the new batch is ready!
I should've planned for this and ordered loads earlier [emoji38] it's just storing it is an issue haha

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh help :shock: That is literally the only hay my buns will eat now and with Pixel's teeth the way they are I can't afford for him to eat less hay.
Thankfully I have two 9kg bags and a little of the previous bag left as I stocked for the holidays but with 8 buns that won't last long :( I think a bag lasts us a little short of two weeks so I'd better find something quick.
The buns aren't going to be happy with me :(

Back