• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flystrike Season Warning-INCREASED RISK. Cross Posted From 'Health'

One pest I don't mind killing,I no longer have house rabbits,but I have a budgie,near the window,(not in direct sunlight).I have a back door that I leave open in nice weather and blue and green bottles often fly in.I move my budgie away and spray them as soon as I see them.I'm getting a new Syrian hammie soon too,so always vigilant to these pests.

Sadly a friend of mine's bunny died on Friday night.....flystrike....visit to vets and bunny back home but more maggots hatching during the night...and who knows the extent of the internal damage. RIP George. xxx

It really is one of my worst nightmares, but I can highly recommend the electric tennis racket style fly zappers. The buns seem quite amused (possibly bemused) watching the stupid human practicing her backhand in the living room. I swear every time I open a window a fly thinks its an invitation to come in.

My vet managed to shave Charlie as I couldn't get get his Matt's off from when he was leaking wee last week. He had sores and I felt so bad. But vet reassured me it was hard to get the fluff off as rabbits furr is particularly difficult. He put cream on now Fri I'm going back to get rearguard applied. Just because he's at higher risk. Still paranoid! I'm getting fly paper and net mesh for their hutch lol

Back