• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets and rabbits

KCG

Warren Veteran
Why are rabbits so excited about pellets? So I am really amazed when I see this view. :lol: Every time he acts like he's never had a pellet before. What's the magic of these pellets on rabbits? :lol:

I'm always surprised when people who knew anything about rabbits always said about Lopsy and Aboleth 'they're very excited about pellets, aren't they!' because it seemed so normal to me! Maybe they were an exception :lol: Chibbs and even Barrie are a bit more standoffish about them (and food generally), although Barrie gets excited about food but then sulks off if it's not something he wants. Aboleth and Lopsy, and Cookie judging by your description, totally head-over-heels for pellets especially :D

I think they get excited about most food coming their way. It's a very healthy sign! :)

Yes, they really get really excited about any kind of food, right? :lol:

I'm always surprised when people who knew anything about rabbits always said about Lopsy and Aboleth 'they're very excited about pellets, aren't they!' because it seemed so normal to me! Maybe they were an exception :lol: Chibbs and even Barrie are a bit more standoffish about them (and food generally), although Barrie gets excited about food but then sulks off if it's not something he wants. Aboleth and Lopsy, and Cookie judging by your description, totally head-over-heels for pellets especially :D

I'm not as experienced with rabbits as you all, but Lopsy and Aboleth surprised me. I thought rabbits were the most voracious creatures I've ever seen, because their only motivation for life is to eat. :lol:

I'm exactly the same with chocolate......and crisps.....and chips.......and oranges.......and hot cross buns.
My two also go utterly bonkers for pellets - rationed of course. It causes much nose pushing and a general stampede when I go and get a small handful. Tonight their snuffle mat arrived so I've loaded that up with thin slices of carrot, pellets, crushed dried treats, cranberries and bluberries.
To use a famous song title.....I predict a riot.

Only Boo still gets excited about pellets here :(

In fact, this shows us that rabbits have different tastes from each other. :D

I'm exactly the same with chocolate......and crisps.....and chips.......and oranges.......and hot cross buns.
My two also go utterly bonkers for pellets - rationed of course. It causes much nose pushing and a general stampede when I go and get a small handful. Tonight their snuffle mat arrived so I've loaded that up with thin slices of carrot, pellets, crushed dried treats, cranberries and bluberries.

Haha I understand you very well. Although Cookie is the only kept rabbit , we experience the stampede in pellet or meal moments. :lol:

I suspect it's that junk food element - they are designed to be delicious, similar to a lot of foods the manufacturers want us to keep buying. Cat food is notorious for it.
My two aren't too bothered, but they also don't get them very often as they're generally forage fed. Some days they'll take them, others they'll go back to what they were eating.

OMG hot cross buns, IKWYM. Now I'm not really supposed to eat flour I won't buy them but I did go through stages (years) of buying them and having them for lunch (one with butter and cheese, one just butter). I hope they like their mat! I couldn't do this sort of thing (food hunt) with Aboleth and Lopsy, Aboleth would think she was missing out and just hump Lopsy until he ran away :( I might try again with Barrie and Chibbs though :D

Back