• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fearghal- U/D 28th March 0030 hrs Post 94......

You shouldn’t blame yourself. I still think he is in the house somewhere. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Now you need to wait, and have a plan on how to capture him when he comes out. Keep putting a very small amount of food where he will go for it, so you know where to find him. If you put out too much, he won't need to keep coming out. Do you have any live mouse traps?

Now you need to wait, and have a plan on how to capture him when he comes out. Keep putting a very small amount of food where he will go for it, so you know where to find him. If you put out too much, he won't need to keep coming out. Do you have any live mouse traps?

No, but I m going to try to order one online. For now I am fine to let him live free. I have been leaving water out for him too x

No, but I m going to try to order one online. For now I am fine to let him live free. I have been leaving water out for him too x

I would get 2 or 3, then you can put them in various likely places. It will also make them seem less suspicious to him - he is likely to be particularly cautious over one new item, but several spreads his risk out. Keep everything else the same - any major changes may send him back into hiding for a while.

I tend to leave a small amount of bedding shoved right in the back of a trap, if there is room (eg just a shredded piece of kitchen / toilet roll), so if they are trapped for a few hours, they have some shelter and warmth and they may be a little less stressed by being trapped. Check that the trap will still work, though, otherwise there's no point. Small traps can always go inside a larger container (eg cereal box) for additional safety.

Last edited:
Also, ensure the traps are put on a totally flat surface - they have to ping shut really fast.

I have ordered 2 Live Mouse Traps. Delivery is estimated for Monday of next week. But of course it may take longer than that. I am sure Fearghal would be pleased if they get lost in the post.....................

If I do manage to catch him I am going to feel so cruel putting him back into a cage of some sort :? Would it be wrong to just let him live as he is now ? Stupid question really as I guess he could nibble through electric cables/wires etc.

I have ordered 2 Live Mouse Traps. Delivery is estimated for Monday of next week. But of course it may take longer than that. I am sure Fearghal would be pleased if they get lost in the post.....................

If I do manage to catch him I am going to feel so cruel putting him back into a cage of some sort :? Would it be wrong to just let him live as he is now ? Stupid question really as I guess he could nibble through electric cables/wires etc.

great news the food has gone!

I have 2 different traps. they both work well but iirc the black one is the best of the 2.

https://www.espares.co.uk/product/e...MIgKC_v_W36AIViEHTCh2MHw4FEAQYASABEgKXe_D_BwE

&

https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect....MIgKC_v_W36AIViEHTCh2MHw4FEAQYBCABEgKt0PD_BwE

Fearghal is a very naughty boy!

I'm not so sure that it's cruel for him to live in a cage... Yes, he is deprived of his freedom. But the world must seem an incredibly scary place. Domesticated animals always want to push through boundaries and be free, but are they truly happier? I have no idea.

I suppose what I mean is that one probably isn't a much better situation than the other for him.

Last edited:
Great news that the food has gone! Don't put too much down or he might store it somewhere like Bella does.

I'm not so sure that it's cruel for him to live in a cage... Yes, he is deprived of his freedom. But the world must seem an incredibly scary place. Domesticated animals always want to push through boundaries and be free, but are they truly happier? I have no idea.

I suppose what I mean is that one probably isn't a much better situation than the other for him.
I agree, I mean buns escape/run off if they can.. [emoji51] Atticus tries to escape every pen you put him in, he also then climbs back in though sometimes [emoji849] I think animals just do what animals do. Pepper would be off if she could, but would also be very scared, she's got very confident in her tank, is always happy to go back into it. Gus never wants to leave except to go on the bed for a bit or hang with me.. He'll try to climb back into his tank if you let him [emoji38] they aren't wild animals, don't have the skills to look after themselves plus can come into contact with toxic things.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I agree, I mean buns escape/run off if they can.. [emoji51] Atticus tries to escape every pen you put him in, he also then climbs back in though sometimes [emoji849] I think animals just do what animals do. Pepper would be off if she could, but would also be very scared, she's got very confident in her tank, is always happy to go back into it. Gus never wants to leave except to go on the bed for a bit or hang with me.. He'll try to climb back into his tank if you let him [emoji38] they aren't wild animals, don't have the skills to look after themselves plus can come into contact with toxic things.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about bunnies too. The reason I got my bunnies given to me was because they kept running off and working their way around people's gardens in the street! And even when they ended up as indoor bunnies at mine, they always wanted out - every closed door was a challenge to them. I think it's just instinct. But it doesn't mean they'd be happier as scared wildies.

Knew he would be fine, but he ain't wanting you to know where he is cheeky beggar.;). He can probably see you where ever he is hiding. Xxx

Back