• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

After spay, no poops?

Well nothing yet, fed her three times now just hoping she'll do something - if not I've spoken to vets4pets and they've said they'll give me Emeprid shot or liquid my choice but to keep doing what I'm doing and call them back if I want the Emeprid - so I'm hoping by 12 I'll know what I'm doing :) thanks for checking in xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Did the vet give you a supply of Metacam after her spay?

Also, is she warm enough? When I had one of mine spayed, even though it was warm outside, I gave her a heat pad.

Have you given her some Infacol?

Infcol.co.uk - infant gas meds. You can give one ml every hour and then one ml three times daily.

Did the vet give you a supply of Metacam after her spay?

Also, is she warm enough? When I had one of mine spayed, even though it was warm outside, I gave her a heat pad.

Have you given her some Infacol?

Infcol.co.uk - infant gas meds. You can give one ml every hour and then one ml three times daily.

Have loxicom which is the same thing right? She seems warm enough I could give her snugglesafe, do you think it's okay to? I'll get some thank you xxx

Have loxicom which is the same thing right? She seems warm enough I could give her snugglesafe, do you think it's okay to? I'll get some thank you xxx

Yes, loxicom is the same as metacam :)

So long as she has the opportunity to use the snugglesafe or not, as she wishes, you could wrap one up and put it in with her.

Putting snuggle safe in now - also there are 4 poops!! Never thought I'd be this happy about them and she's peed [emoji16] gunna keep feeding her and hoping she continues to poop :) xx

Hopefully it continues I've set my alarm for every two hours overnight so I can make sure shes okay/continue feeding her if she's not eating, also set up a camera so I'll know if she eats, drinks or does anything weird and wonderful haha thanks everyone for info and support xx

Hopefully it continues I've set my alarm for every two hours overnight so I can make sure shes okay/continue feeding her if she's not eating, also set up a camera so I'll know if she eats, drinks or does anything weird and wonderful haha thanks everyone for info and support xx

I hope you get to see loads more golden boulders by the morning.

I'm sorry you won't get much sleep though ... x

I hope you get to see loads more golden boulders by the morning.

I'm sorry you won't get much sleep though ... x
Hahaha love that golden boulders [emoji23] ah as long as she's cool I'm cool :) xx

Only two extra poos :( might have to go back to every hour also she was crying not to be picked up which isn't good :(

Only two extra poos :( might have to go back to every hour also she was crying not to be picked up which isn't good :(

Keep doing as you are. When your vets opens in the AM give them a call as she should be passing faeces on a regular basis by now.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Keep doing as you are. When your vets opens in the AM give them a call as she should be passing faeces on a regular basis by now.

I'm going to, because there's still only 6 poos max :( x

Yes was nothing til around midnight maybe 1am then 4 then there was 2 more she is peeing though

Okay that's brilliant.
Give them a call as she may benefit from some gut mobility meds. Is she accepting the syringe feeding & has she eaten anything for herself?

Okay that's brilliant.
Give them a call as she may benefit from some gut mobility meds. Is she accepting the syringe feeding & has she eaten anything for herself?

Not eaten anything herself, or drank she's kinda accepting them I've been adding loads of water to it more than normal so she's getting fluids gunna give her loxicom now too x

Back