• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seeking new hay supplier.....

bunny mummy 1

Warren Scout
Hi everyone

I have 2 fussy bunny's. We usually get our Hay in binbags from a local rescue where they order a huge bale and binbag from that. Mine love the green stalky bits but leave the brown thinner stands so I'm wasting so much.

So looking for new options that ideally don't cost the earth but are nice stalky and green.

I'm in the UK and was doing some research, keen to hear peoples thoughts. Would consider subscriptions too contemplating haybox.club?

Thanks

Last edited:
I use dustfree hay. Although it seems expensive it is cheaper than shop bought and is great quality. They will probably send you some samples if you email.

There's some nice stuff at £4 a bale at Scammonden, apparently. Nice and fine and green. For collection. I'm hoping to get some dropped off next week so I;m not sure of the address - I assume it is a farm or farm supplier as I'm getting it via a smallholder.

I use dustfree hay. Although it seems expensive it is cheaper than shop bought and is great quality. They will probably send you some samples if you email.

Hay looks great if slightly on the expensive side. I'm going to do as you suggest and email for a sample of different types

There's some nice stuff at £4 a bale at Scammonden, apparently. Nice and fine and green. For collection. I'm hoping to get some dropped off next week so I;m not sure of the address - I assume it is a farm or farm supplier as I'm getting it via a smallholder.

Little far out for me unfortunately but good idea about local farms selling

Looks good value for money! 9kg of Timothy hay!! Mine will have a field day! Going to place an order tonight. Thanks so much for your suggestion its much appreciated!
Mine go mad for the stuff [emoji38] the orchard and oat hays too, some buns on here don't seem as keen on those two though

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The ings hay from hayandstraw.co.uk is also very popular with bunnies. They do samples if your buns want to road test it before you put in an order.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

The ings hay from hayandstraw.co.uk is also very popular with bunnies. They do samples if your buns want to road test it before you put in an order.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Ooo yes the more you order the better value it becomes. Good plan with a sample box I shall give it a whirl. Thanks for your recommendation

Just had our delivery from Timothyhay.co.uk and all I can say is WOW!!!! Mine are going crazy!!! Every strand is bright green and stalky and long! So so happy with my purchase!! Every strand is being eaten!! Wish I'd done this years ago!

Just had our delivery from Timothyhay.co.uk and all I can say is WOW!!!! Mine are going crazy!!! Every strand is bright green and stalky and long! So so happy with my purchase!! Every strand is being eaten!! Wish I'd done this years ago!

yay. I'm glad your bunnies like it. Welcome to the obsessed about hay club. Expect your bunnies to play along & play hay snobs too. It is great value though

So glad they love it :D it's all we buy now tbh I'm very disappointed with other hays, I've become a hay snob [emoji38]

I don't think I've ever been so excited about any online purchase in my life! And to see the buns munching away so much! I'm only sad my rainbow bunnies didn't get to eat any

Well, now you've done it! There's no going back :lol:
Since their first bale from timothyhay.co.uk my lot have all become complete hay snobs. They will ONLY eat their hay. If you offer them anything but it causes them great offence (yes, really). They also demand only the stalky. If it's ever out of stock there's nothing but panic from us and sulks from them.
You should see their faces if they're given anything else. It's slightly terrifying :shock:

Well, now you've done it! There's no going back [emoji38]
Since their first bale from timothyhay.co.uk my lot have all become complete hay snobs. They will ONLY eat their hay. If you offer them anything but it causes them great offence (yes, really). They also demand only the stalky. If it's ever out of stock there's nothing but panic from us and sulks from them.
You should see their faces if they're given anything else. It's slightly terrifying :shock:
Ah see mine love the stalky and the soft equally, they get excited by the changes in texture, I always buy two of each so regularly they get a change [emoji38][emoji38]

Well, now you've done it! There's no going back :lol:

Hahaha they sound like mine! Mine are definite hay snobs! They used to eat everything but currently we are on stalky only! I also can't believe how much you get in a bale. It was so compact and heavy. Should last a few weeks. I too will worry if ever out of stock! What happens in the winter when its not hay season? Or early in the year before it's ready to cut? I could stock pile in my loft for winter. Just not sure where I would have it delivered �� one bale was big enough

Back