• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look who's home

Liz I am so very, very sorry. :( I wish I could wave a magic wand and change all this. Life is so unfair.
Sending ((((((((Huge hugs)))))))) xxxxx

Thank you

Honestly it makes me wonder what I did in life to deserve all this. Clem was my happy "healthy" boy to give me something positive to focus on after all our heartbreak. Yet this has now been the single most stressful thing I have ever been through with them.

Plus last week we lost one rabbit to cancer and another to kidney failure. We are also now in so much debt we can't afford to vaccinate any of the rabbits with the new vaccine :(

:( Gutted for you doesn't come close, Liz. Is there a chance that this is still post-op swelling and that it will improve, or does Neil think that should all have gone down by now? xx

:( Gutted for you doesn't come close, Liz. Is there a chance that this is still post-op swelling and that it will improve, or does Neil think that should all have gone down by now? xx

The fact he has slowly deteriorated daily and is exactly back to how he was doesn't indicate post op swelling. It's been over two weeks he still isn't eating properly or back to his usual personality although I see glimpses of it which is going to make this so so hard. He bounces on and off the bed, he lickks me and digs stuff. Sometimes he begs for treats like a normal rabbit. But the rest isn't there.

Putting what appears to be a lively rabbit in a carrier never to come home again is going to be the hardest thing we have ever done :(

I am so very very very sorry. It is tragically unfair. Has Neil any idea as to why the abscesses were there and what their role was or wasn't in the breathing issues?

If at all possible I would still give him some time, before you make that decision.

Hoping there will be an improvement.

I am so very very very sorry. It is tragically unfair. Has Neil any idea as to why the abscesses were there and what their role was or wasn't in the breathing issues?

The abscesses were from his rotten teeth. He hoped the swelling from the abscesses were making the pallet situation worse so removing them would improve his breathing and give him a half decent quality of life. But unfortunately they weren;t affecting the pallet deficit at all so his breathing hasn't improved. We had no way of knowing this without treating the abscesses first.

The teeth were rotten so young because they hadn't developed properly and infection had got in where they had failed to grow to fit his head. The pallet is also congenitally underdeveloped, yet his lower jaw bone has over developed making everything so much worse.

So basically he just has no grown properly at all and it will all on;y get worse. He was the perfect baby with perfect teeth who had the best of everything from day one of being born. There was no way of knowing what the future held for him then, but sadly we know what the future holds for him now :(

He is the most unbelievably perfect rabbit personality wise. This really is the most crappiest thing to happen ever :cry:

I am so, so, sorry Liz. When our buns go through so much and then we lose them anyway, it is heartbreaking. I felt similar with Cherry - if I had known the outcome I would never have let her have her leg amputated but we have to give them that chance, especially when the bunny is fighting so hard, like Cherry and Clem.

I have said another prayer for a miracle.

xxx

Back