• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Boobly Bear

Awww, new getting a new bunny is the best thing ever

Sent from local refreshment establishment

Aww he's lovely. Looks like he's settling in very happily in his new home.

I bet Boo's sitting upstairs, sniffing the wind with a paw in the air!

ha, ha - she's downstairs with us since Mousey died (unless both out at work). I was expecting some sniffing round the kitchen door or something but no

It’s so warming to see such a happy little soul settling in so quickly. Testament to how much he feels at home with you. His heart is settled and you’ve got yourself a permanent new family member. Just adorable. :love:

I'd say silky not velvety. I'll let him enjoy a few plush genes but reckons he's a mix of things, which I'm happy about. He has a beautiful body shape. Not got a good enough whiff of him yet as he just smells of hay. I did take his first bum nugget through to Bob though so we could examine & sniff it together:lol::lol:
I have a mini rex now and unlike velvet fabric and regular fur it feels soft even if you pet bunny from tail to head, not just head to tail.
My current mini rex is pure bred and her head is small compared to her body. She is overweight at 1.9kg.
Years ago I had Black velvet. She had very soft fur too, yet perhaps a bit longer than Heidi's. She was likely a mix. She was 2.5kg.
As Jane always says rexes are hungry bunnies.

I had to read you post twice because I thought autocorrect changed Boo to Bob in regards to nugget sniffing.
New bunnies usually smell different until they are here several days. I wonder why?

I hope Boo will like him as much as us humans.:love:

I have a mini rex now and unlike velvet fabric and regular fur it feels soft even if you pet bunny from tail to head, not just head to tail.
My current mini rex is pure bred and her head is small compared to her body. She is overweight at 1.9kg.
Years ago I had Black velvet. She had very soft fur too, yet perhaps a bit longer than Heidi's. She was likely a mix. She was 2.5kg.
As Jane always says rexes are hungry bunnies.

I had to read you post twice because I thought autocorrect changed Boo to Bob in regards to nugget sniffing.
New bunnies usually smell different until they are here several days. I wonder why?

I hope Boo will like him as much as us humans.:love:

I really hope so too, the most important bit is still unknown but it can't hurt to be optimistic I reckon

This is my best attempt at video of his fur

https://imgur.com/8ILem4R

he even tidies up loose strands of hay from the floor & my slippers:lol: He just did (another) binky show for us & then flopped between us & while he lay there (for about 5 seconds) he had his paw resting on my foot:love:
here he is :love:

WTQuxEfl.jpg
[/IMG]

pUEXvenl.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh wow, I was waiting for pics. :love: Stunning x

Heidi has shorter fur that has a thicker undercoat so I suspect your new bunny is not solely rex, though perhaps a mix.
His fur is very glossy so he may have to compete in the shiny bunny contest along with my Raven. Heidi's rex fur is not as reflective as our boys.

He looks lovely. My Dusty is a nethie x rex I reakon. Lovely soft grey fur. She is the only one of my six rabbits that lets me stroke them!

P-20210216-121723.jpg

He looks lovely. My Dusty is a nethie x rex I reakon. Lovely soft grey fur. She is the only one of my six rabbits that lets me stroke them!

P-20210216-121723.jpg

Dusty is very pretty with a lovely glossy coat ! I guess if you're only "allowed" to stroke one of your bunnies at least its the silky soft one

My name is Eddy, a name I selected from a ramekin of seven possible names as my new owners couldn't decide :lol:
dt91iOWl.jpg

He went out yesterday & we had binkies & zoomies, a little munching, lots of exploring . He easily worked out the top entrance / exit to the bothy.
GXrh5P9l.jpg

Rudey, Joey & Mouse never worked it out. so I reckon eddy & boo are both smart cookies.
Last night he had several groomies from Bob with Eddy squidged against bobs leg. Today (I was at work) he has been non stop asking Bob for loves - Bob is now avoiding entering kitchen so much as feels guilty about cutting groomies short :lol:

He hasn't peed on any of his soft stuff & in 5 days only 2 poops have missed his litter tray. Within the litter tray they are all in a pile :lol:

R9lW0Qul.jpg

Meanwhile I think Boo is in practice for having a friend. this photo would be easy to stage but I promise you it hasnt. Not long now Boobly bear

cH6pKs5l.jpg

Aww Eddy, I love that name :love: and what an impressive pile of poops :) and bless Boo cuddled up with B & W, really hope shes soon cuddled up to Eddy like that :D

Awww Eddy you're smart and adorable! He definitely reminds me of Blossom and Dusty. The mini rex/nethie combo.

And Boo getting in some snuggle practice [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ahhhhh I love the name Eddy! That's on my name list [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] he's adorable! Apricot poops like that, all in a pile [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

:love: aw thanks
i'm glad you like his name. Another of our favourites was Earl - I think it really suited him but its not what was chewed out of the ramekin.
about the potential nethie thing he is my first bunny in 30 years of having bunnies in my family that I can neither catch nor hold.
I am pretty shocked. I can't even describe the experience :lol:

Eddy gets thumbs up from me although I have to say Earl would have been a good second. I would have remembered that name from James Earl jones who voices darth Vader. He’s looking so incredibly settled. I do always wonder what they think and feel when they find a new home. It must be millions of emotions all overwhelming. It’s clear eddy understands he is safe and feels amazing love and has let you be a part of his life as much as you are all now part of his. Looking forward to following his adventures. :love:

Eddy sounds very neat, handsome and smart. Perhaps you have a futurevas a matchmaker.
I hope he bonds as easily weth Boo as he has with Bob:love:

Back