• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for an older bunny to bond with my pair

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Hey everyone, it has been years since I’ve been on this forum!

I currently have two bunnies, 8 year old Arthur, and Delilah who is unknown age but vet and I suspect 7-9 years old. Delilah’s sister Ruby recently died :cry: and I think it would be wise to bond another older bunny in to make a trio again.

I’ve emailed every rescue I could find on google, but thought I’d post here as I’ve probably missed some!

If anyone knows of any 7+ year old rabbits looking for a home please let me know! Only looking for rabbits with rescue back up in case bonding fails! I’m based in Leicester but could travel

Thanks guys!

I’m so sorry :cry: Have you tried BARC ? There’s a few people on here who are involved in rescues, hopefully someone can help.

This looks good, but they are based in Scotland, although I don’t mind travelling, I think that they’ll be a big far, if I knew the bond would definitely work I’d definitely travel that far, but knowing it could fail and then I’d have to transport the bunny all the way back, it is not really possible :(

I’m so sorry :cry: Have you tried BARC ? There’s a few people on here who are involved in rescues, hopefully someone can help.

I haven’t actually asked BARC yet, Arthur is a BARC bunny. They are on my next list of rescues to ask, I’m going out in a radius from my house

I searched the rabbit re-home UK link for you they have two 5+ ones on there but I don't know how old they are here's the link. Though you may have already searched. Mind only one is a single the others already bonded

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=Leicester+&RabAge=5&RabSex=&RabBond=

I’ve been refreshing it daily, there are a few who are the right age and single, but being rehomed by individuals not by rescues :( I really want to adopt from a rescue so that if bonding does not work they can take the bunny back, I don’t have space for two separate sets of rabbits

There’s a couple of 5 year old girls in a rescue in Nottingham, I may call and enquire tomorrow.

I ideally want an older rabbit than that though… although I spoke to a nice lady from another rescue today who has said that I shouldn’t limit myself on ages of rabbits because an 8 year old rabbit may live another 6 years or a 4 year old only another 2 years, it is hard to predict

After this set of rabbits I will be taking a break from having rabbits for a few years, my concern is that if I get one who is likely to outlive my two by many years then I will end up having to return one to a rescue which makes me sad :(

I’ve been refreshing it daily, there are a few who are the right age and single, but being rehomed by individuals not by rescues :( I really want to adopt from a rescue so that if bonding does not work they can take the bunny back, I don’t have space for two separate sets of rabbits

There’s a couple of 5 year old girls in a rescue in Nottingham, I may call and enquire tomorrow.

I ideally want an older rabbit than that though… although I spoke to a nice lady from another rescue today who has said that I shouldn’t limit myself on ages of rabbits because an 8 year old rabbit may live another 6 years or a 4 year old only another 2 years, it is hard to predict

After this set of rabbits I will be taking a break from having rabbits for a few years, my concern is that if I get one who is likely to outlive my two by many years then I will end up having to return one to a rescue which makes me sad :(

Some Rescues offer a long term Foster arrangement for folk in your situation. So you take in one of their Rabbits (of any age) to be a companion for your elderly Rabbit. Then when the elderly Rabbit’s time comes and they pass on the Rescue will take the companion back and find them another home with another companion. Then you are not stuck in the endless cycle of needing to adopt a companion Rabbit.

Back