• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggies!

Guinea pig forum says it can take 2 weeks for a new bond to settle and they might be musking each other! Everyone cross your fingers [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I really hope it goes once they are more settled. I've learnt more about piggies from this thread than I ever knew before

I really hope it goes once they are more settled. I've learnt more about piggies from this thread than I ever knew before
Same [emoji7] hahaha yea I'm learning lots too, I honestly knew very little before hand [emoji38] they're very different in their behaviours, the rumble strutting cracks me up. Last night I was cooking and Michael was spot cleaning in their cage and all I hear is Michael saying oi Mr piggie! Don't you rumble strut at me! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Same [emoji7] hahaha yea I'm learning lots too, I honestly knew very little before hand [emoji38] they're very different in their behaviours, the rumble strutting cracks me up. Last night I was cooking and Michael was spot cleaning in their cage and all I hear is Michael saying oi Mr piggie! Don't you rumble strut at me! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Just had to Google gp rumble strut. Omg, hilarious :lol::love:

wheek I like those little squeky furballs! My friend has two girls-halfsisters and they are sure picky eaters. I gues if you have a bunch of them there is more competition and they stop being so picky?

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] they are lovely [emoji7]

My Mother in Law had a pair after having an elderly single female and she said the Mr Piggy musk did fade after a month or so, either that or she got used to it.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Aww they're so cute!!!!

I'd never heard of the rumble strut either. So last night I ended up down a YouTube rabbit hole (or rather piggie hole!) watching videos of guinea pigs. They do seem to like barrelling into each other!

wheek I like those little squeky furballs! My friend has two girls-halfsisters and they are sure picky eaters. I gues if you have a bunch of them there is more competition and they stop being so picky?

That’s incredibly rare! All the pigs that come through here are…well, pigs!

That’s incredibly rare! All the pigs that come through here are…well, pigs!
Really!

The girl I have is definitely picky, the boy doesn't seem to be tho!

Trust me to get an odd one [emoji38]

how are the piggies getting on?
Really well :D they eat and eat and eat [emoji38] they wheek at me constantly and demand noms, they're up at the bars every time they see me, they both let me pet them and give chin rubs, I absolutely adore them!

The stinky issue has settled a bit.. But they do have a smell, I notice it when the boy rumble struts [emoji38] but its getting less I think.

They're so sweet and affectionate though, the boy piggie has licked my hand [emoji7]

I'm completely in love with them [emoji38] I didn't really know much about them before I got them so I wasn't too sure if I'd like them or not tbh, and the bond was all up in the air so I didn't really know what pigs I'd be getting, if any. But I'm so glad it worked out [emoji38]

What are their bloomin' names? [emoji38]
Hahahahahaha I take forever with names [emoji38] took me 5 weeks to name my baby [emoji38]

I've got two, but I'm not 100% about them.

I love Agnes for the girl, and maybe Teddy for the boy? Idk tho, I also like Percy for him.. I'm really struggling, names have to feel really right for me to commit to them. What do you think?

Michael doesn't like Agnes tho, but he's said he's fine if I wanna use it.. But he said it makes him think of a nun [emoji85][emoji38]
b7d38fe01e329abb3cbd871b254ba297.jpg

Aww... so cute. Loving the idea of a piggy nun. Got to be Agnes, for that reason alone. Even though she's living with a Mr Pig. :lol:

Back