• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is Percival?

Mella

Young Bun
Please move if in the wrong place!

So this is percy and we have no idea of hid breed or if he's a mix of many. He was bought as a pet shop bunny, sneezing and coughing [emoji849] (they had no qualms about selling him). Just wondering if anyone had any clues on what he might be mixed with?
Will get some better photos when I'm home
92575e13693c91f56bba77ffa552130f.jpg
a3aa96e33acde0935c4ef84c9f8aba59.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please move if in the wrong place!

So this is percy and we have no idea of hid breed or if he's a mix of many. He was bought as a pet shop bunny, sneezing and coughing [emoji849] (they had no qualms about selling him). Just wondering if anyone had any clues on what he might be mixed with?
Will get some better photos when I'm home
92575e13693c91f56bba77ffa552130f.jpg
a3aa96e33acde0935c4ef84c9f8aba59.jpg

He is a hansome mixed breed :love: Impossible to say what 'mixes' he may be.

It is actually ILLEGAL for a Pet Shop to sell a sick Animal so you need to report the incident to the local Council Environmental Health Department (who issue the Licence to enable the Retailer to sell Livestock)

Have you taken Percy to a Vet yet ? He may need treatment for his Respiratory Tract problems and you can also discuss getting him vaccinated and, when he is old enough, neutered.

Information about essential vaccinations can be found here :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?472636-Vaccinations-2019&p=7041560#post7041560

There is also a lot of information about Rabbit care on the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund's website :)

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

He is a hansome mixed breed :love: Impossible to say what 'mixes' he may be.

It is actually ILLEGAL for a Pet Shop to sell a sick Animal so you need to report the incident to the local Council Environmental Health Department (who issue the Licence to enable the Retailer to sell Livestock)

Have you taken Percy to a Vet yet ? He may need treatment for his Respiratory Tract problems and you can also discuss getting him vaccinated and, when he is old enough, neutered.

Information about essential vaccinations can be found here :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?472636-Vaccinations-2019&p=7041560#post7041560

There is also a lot of information about Rabbit care on the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund's website :)

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/
It was a well known chain with more rabbits than they know what to with, the shop assistant to her credit 'health checked' him at which point he wasnt showing the symptoms he had when we saw him this as far as they knew he was a healthy rabbit. He was taken to the vets asap and the chain honoured the first £200 of treatment (we only paid about £7 in the end). He's finished his antibiotics and had his injections today.

It was a well known chain with more rabbits than they know what to with, the shop assistant to her credit 'health checked' him at which point he wasnt showing the symptoms he had when we saw him this as far as they knew he was a healthy rabbit. He was taken to the vets asap and the chain honoured the first £200 of treatment (we only paid about £7 in the end). He's finished his antibiotics and had his injections today.

Well done for getting him all the treatment he needed. He's a lucky fella to have found such a good home :love:

So hes a proper little Heinz 57 then bless him, hes only about 0.8kg at the minute, bearing in mind I have no experience of rabbits is he likely to be a relatively small adult? He definitely did seem tiny compared to his cage mates though he does seem a lot longer in the past couple of weeks

So hes a proper little Heinz 57 then bless him, hes only about 0.8kg at the minute, bearing in mind I have no experience of rabbits is he likely to be a relatively small adult? He definitely did seem tiny compared to his cage mates though he does seem a lot longer in the past couple of weeks

How old is he?

BTW he's so cute [emoji7] the little white paw killed me [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

How old is he?

BTW he's so cute [emoji7] the little white paw killed me [emoji38]

Around 2 and a half/ 3 months
For me it's between the grey ears and nose or the white paw and spot [emoji7]
a96e428f841f7bad73f0553fd10cc1c8.jpg

Around 2 and a half/ 3 months
For me it's between the grey ears and nose or the white paw and spot [emoji7]
a96e428f841f7bad73f0553fd10cc1c8.jpg

Oh the spot on his side [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Idk why I didn't see that originally, he's too cute [emoji38]

I'm no bunny expert but, he'll get bigger, hard to say how big without knowing more about his background, parents etc but some buns do suprise me, you get them at 12 weeks and they're tiddy, and get pretty large. He looks very small though so you probably won't end up with a huge bun :)

I reckon you'll have more of an idea of his adult weight at around 6months of age, I'd probably make a guess that he'll end up medium sized, don't hold me to that though [emoji38]

You'll have to post more pictures as he grows [emoji7][emoji7]

He doesnt seem that much bigger than the girls we've reserved and they're only 5 weeks old [emoji85] so my running theory is hes an absolute midget [emoji23]

He doesnt seem that much bigger than the girls we've reserved and they're only 5 weeks old [emoji85] so my running theory is hes an absolute midget [emoji23]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

What breed are the girls? :)

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

What breed are the girls? :)

Mini rex x mini lop (accidental litter where someone's uneutered buck hopped over the open topped run to get to the doe[emoji2356])

Mini rex x mini lop (accidental litter where someone's uneutered buck hopped over the open topped run to get to the doe[emoji2356])

Oh dear [emoji51][emoji38]

So a mini rex and a mini lop are medium sized buns I think - mini rex apparently can get to 2kg and mini lops 2.5kg. I had two mini lops they were quite chunky buns build wise whereas I've had a mini rex and she was more slender in build. So yea he may not weigh as much as them fully grown hard to say isn't it [emoji38]

I currently have 2 standard rexes and 2 californian buns, so all large breeds, my heaviest bun is Penelope at 4.5kg [emoji38][emoji38]

So a mini rex and a mini lop are medium sized buns I think - mini rex apparently can get to 2kg and mini lops 2.5kg. I had two mini lops they were quite chunky buns build wise whereas I've had a mini rex and she was more slender in build. So yea he may not weigh as much as them fully grown hard to say isn't it [emoji38]

I currently have 2 standard rexes and 2 californian buns, so all large breeds, my heaviest bun is Penelope at 4.5kg [emoji38][emoji38]

We'll see, hopefully they're all a similar size in the end [emoji28]. We currently have him zooming around his room and I have just witness my first two binkys so I'd say he's enjoying life right now

Ah he's sweet. Yes hard to say sizes. I have a mini lop who seems to be a mini mini lop at just 1kg, everyone thinks she's a baby but she's 8 and a half :)

Ah he's sweet. Yes hard to say sizes. I have a mini lop who seems to be a mini mini lop at just 1kg, everyone thinks she's a baby but she's 8 and a half :)
Oh she is tiny!

He was the smallest of his cage mates by quite a long way but whether he was dramatically younger or just tiny/ a runt is anyone's guess [emoji2368]

Last edited:
Back