• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive poops?!

Ross

Warren Scout
Hi all!
My lovely rabbit Declan has done some very different stools this morning, I know it's a bit of a icky subject! Rather than his little balls, he has done two large long ones, about an inch or so long each quite soft ones. It looks like lots of little soft ones stuck together almost but comes out almost as if it's a little human poop! Any ideas what it could be? Perhaps he has been eating his nuggets more than his hay?
Thanks! :)

Hi all!
My lovely rabbit Declan has done some very different stools this morning, I know it's a bit of a icky subject! Rather than his little balls, he has done two large long ones, about an inch or so long each quite soft ones. It looks like lots of little soft ones stuck together almost but comes out almost as if it's a little human poop! Any ideas what it could be? Perhaps he has been eating his nuggets more than his hay?
Thanks! :)

They sound as though they could be caecotrophs. Do they look like this? https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-diet/rabbit-digestion/

If so, he should be eating them. If he isn't, then it's possible that he is eating too many nuggets. How many nuggets are you feeding each day?

Hi :)
Yes that's exactly what they were, he wasn't interested in eating them he just enjoyed standing in them all over his lovely white paws! And I follow what is on the back of his rabbit food bag :)
They've gone back to normal now, was just a bit of an odd one off!
Thank you for your reply!

Back