• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What herbs to try next...

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie and Pip are currently enjoying sampling the mint pot I bought them. Well Pip certainly is tonight!!!

They seem fine with the mint and I want to try them with another herb since and wondered what other buns recommend?

She seems to be enjoying delicately plucking the leaves and I like to give them as much enrichment as possible.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Have they had any others apart from Mint?

Mine like Coriander and also Basil, but then I haven't found a herb that they've rejected :lol:

Have they had any others apart from Mint?

Mine like Coriander and also Basil, but then I haven't found a herb that they've rejected [emoji38]
I think I once gave Archie basil over a year ago. Pip had some thyme then too, but I gave her too much and it irritated her tum.
:-( bad mummy.

I've been so scared to try them with new food because Pip kept getting poorly, but she's doing so well I want to try again.

They've both been fine with forage and have tried a wide range now.

They like
Dandelion
Plantain
Echinacea
Hazel leaves
Raspberry leaves
Chamomile
Hibiscus
Rose petals

Don't like so much
Strawberry leaves
Blackcurrant leaves
Nettle leaves
Lemon balm
Birch leaves

Well actually will eat all of these but lady Pip is a bit more selective. lol

Just ordered them Blackberry leaves & Cornflowers to try....Soooo spoilt

I have to say flatleaf parsley is also a favorite - but I prefer coriander so they get that most

I've got my friend's bunnies here this week and they came with some Coriander. I don't like the smell myself!

I think I once gave Archie basil over a year ago. Pip had some thyme then too, but I gave her too much and it irritated her tum.
:-( bad mummy.

I've been so scared to try them with new food because Pip kept getting poorly, but she's doing so well I want to try again.

They've both been fine with forage and have tried a wide range now.

They like
Dandelion
Plantain
Echinacea
Hazel leaves
Raspberry leaves
Chamomile
Hibiscus
Rose petals

Don't like so much
Strawberry leaves
Blackcurrant leaves
Nettle leaves
Lemon balm
Birch leaves

Well actually will eat all of these but lady Pip is a bit more selective. lol

Just ordered them Blackberry leaves & Cornflowers to try....Soooo spoilt

That's quite the nommy list! Do you go foraging?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rose leaves! Or in fact, just whole twigs of the lot of it (the abovementioned lists), give them something to throw about, chew on etc. :D As loobers implies, foraging is amazing :D Hawthorn, willow (preferably weeping in my two's case), apple are our favourites here, as well as cowparsley and pretty much the whole list above :D

Rose leaves! Or in fact, just whole twigs of the lot of it (the abovementioned lists), give them something to throw about, chew on etc. :D As loobers implies, foraging is amazing :D Hawthorn, willow (preferably weeping in my two's case), apple are our favourites here, as well as cowparsley and pretty much the whole list above :D

I always feed rose leaves along with Bramble when a bunny is coming out of stasis, or in a heavy moult :)

I always feed rose leaves along with Bramble when a bunny is coming out of stasis, or in a heavy moult :)
How do you feed rose? At the moment im only feeding the petals. Is it all the leafs and stem etc?

Mine really love hawthorn on the branches and apples branches too. Nom nom

How do you feed rose? At the moment im only feeding the petals. Is it all the leafs and stem etc?

Yes the whole lot. I am keeping the hips separate for another time, but I have a lot of rose leaves so they are going to have that throughout the winter months.

I have a lot of wild roses where I walk I cut a branch off most days along with hawthorn and brambles I'm just learning about foraging.

That's quite the nommy list! Do you go foraging?

I will be growing dandelion and plantain in our new garden. Neighbours will think I'm bananas

..I work on a nature reserve but there is so much mixi this year there I'm avoiding foraging. Need to explore around our new warren (house) to see if there's anywhere suitable. There's a council park but I'm sure they spray the plants :-(

Back