• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding females!

np88xxx

New Kit
Hi all,
I currently have a bonded pair (male & female) who got on instantly, no fighting etc since either. Sunday I'm collecting another lop (female) and would love to have a trio.. just wondering how easy it'll be to bond her with the other 2? I have no issues with daisy at all.. he'll sit next to anyone aslong as he gets groomed 😁 but I've never bonded 2 of them same sex?
Help, what do I do?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'll warn you now, two females is the hardest to bond.

Ensure both are neutered for at least 6 weeks. Keep them fully separate until you intend to start bonding - when you do start bonding use a 100% neutral space and bond them over a long weekend. I found when doing dates between females it just confused and frustrated them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I currently have a bonded pair (male & female) who got on instantly, no fighting etc since either. Sunday I'm collecting another lop (female) and would love to have a trio.. just wondering how easy it'll be to bond her with the other 2? I have no issues with daisy at all.. he'll sit next to anyone aslong as he gets groomed 😁 but I've never bonded 2 of them same sex?
Help, what do I do?!

Hi there and welcome :wave:

It totally depends on personality. I personally would prefer to bond two boys into a group, but Joey&Boo on here has a trio with two girls. Her girl was 'added later' as yours will be.

Do you know any background on the rabbit you are collecting?

Oh really. I thought girls would be easier than boys! I think she was used for breeding 😔 she's 2 years old & obv not spayed but will be done once she's home.

Oh really. I thought girls would be easier than boys! I think she was used for breeding 😔 she's 2 years old & obv not spayed but will be done once she's home.

Females can be a right pain :lol:

I know the advice in the old days was get another female, but it's often a more difficult (but not impossible) bond.

When she's spayed, I would wait a couple of months, and keep her *completely* away from the others during that time, until you are perfectly ready to do the bonding on neutral territory. That's how I have success :D

Good luck xx

Hi there and welcome :wave:

It totally depends on personality. I personally would prefer to bond two boys into a group, but Joey&Boo on here has a trio with two girls. Her girl was 'added later' as yours will be.

Do you know any background on the rabbit you are collecting?
:wave: Yep, I bonded a very submissive doe with my existing m f pair. It was hard work but very rewarding. All the usual bonding stuff applies but expect it to draw on your reserves of confidence & patience. It may happen relatively quickly & I really hope it does, mine took months owing to my bossy girl Boo

Thankyou, although I'm quite nervous about it now 😑 I know they can be feisty and although my girl is soppy and doesn't seem to really care about anything I have no idea what the other one is like.. fingers crossed she's just the same and it happens quick but I doubt that. Did you bond the females first or all together?

Thankyou, although I'm quite nervous about it now �� I know they can be feisty and although my girl is soppy and doesn't seem to really care about anything I have no idea what the other one is like.. fingers crossed she's just the same and it happens quick but I doubt that. Did you bond the females first or all together?

Try not to be nervous when the time comes - easier said than done. Its often said they'll pick up on your vibes (maybe why mine took so long)

I just chucked em all in together after a preliminary meeting at the rescue. My boy bonded instantly to new girl Mouse which was the main reason I persevered so long.

Thankyou, although I'm quite nervous about it now 😑 I know they can be feisty and although my girl is soppy and doesn't seem to really care about anything I have no idea what the other one is like.. fingers crossed she's just the same and it happens quick but I doubt that. Did you bond the females first or all together?

I recently bonded a trio, with two boys and one girl. Worked a dream :love:

I think it may be easier if all three are on equal footing - i.e. not met before. If you've a pair, you have other dynamics going on, and the pair may even be at risk of splitting.

Make sure you know what you're going to do if things don't work out. Then be very positive that they will :D

I have a trio of 2 girls and 1 boy too. The girls were a remnant of a quad I'd bonded but the 2 boys in it died unexpectedly. The girls were unsettled on their own and at risk of breaking down. I took the risk of adopting a 'special needs' neutered male from a rescue and he calmed them down like a dream.

My girls in this group are both fairly feisty outgoing ladies, but the boy is now the boss.

It all comes down to personalities really. I was lucky. So, good luck. :)

I have a trio of 2 girls and 1 boy too. The girls were a remnant of a quad I'd bonded but the 2 boys in it died unexpectedly. The girls were unsettled on their own and at risk of breaking down. I took the risk of adopting a 'special needs' neutered male from a rescue and he calmed them down like a dream.

My girls in this group are both fairly feisty outgoing ladies, but the boy is now the boss.

It all comes down to personalities really. I was lucky. So, good luck. :)

I think you have more than luck - you have a lovely touch with the rabbits, and life in general :)

What do I do about space for bonding though? They don't have a run, the have free roam of the garden..
b067b37fcfbf4f5cf82d1864d65837a7.jpg

you could bring them inside? I'd say it really depends how they take to each other. I couldn't have handled that much supervision outside but as an inside bunny owner that is easy for me to say. If they can't meet outside maybe you could set up some puppy pens / panels and put old sheets over the edges so they wouldn't recognise the area visually

What do I do about space for bonding though? They don't have a run, the have free roam of the garden..
b067b37fcfbf4f5cf82d1864d65837a7.jpg

The area outside is far too big. You can't supervise potentially 24/7.

I use my kitchen - and section off a bit of that.

Free roaming in the garden comes later :)

She's here! daisy hopped in the house while she was on the sofa and had to have a see obviously. He's friends with anyone, I've never known a rabbit like him
b09c10037c02ee33b6667b0a63bc09b2.jpg

OK so this happened... 😮
the lady we got her off said she'd just had a litter and was really laid back etc. So might be ok with a young rabbit around.. seems so for now
4be33ffb647ca76ef3c996b22a7942e6.jpg

OK so this happened... ��
the lady we got her off said she'd just had a litter and was really laid back etc. So might be ok with a young rabbit around.. seems so for now
4be33ffb647ca76ef3c996b22a7942e6.jpg

oh my:love: that's amazing & very cute

There's been abit of humping by autumn (new one) but nothing aggressive 😁
Not sure what to do with them tonight though? Leave them together? I worry they may fall out in the night or sometbing

Back