• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

set up for two buns?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
Luna is very depressed recently, she doesn't seem as happy and is extremely clingy to me. she's also not as tempted to eat unless I'm hand feeding her or in the room. I feel so bad for the little bun as clearly she's now craving a friend. I think I'm also ready to welcome a new bunny into my heart too.

I will not however be getting one until I know I can provide for both buns. hopefully my boyfriend is picking up a job soon (he is more than willing to help) and I'll be getting a job this summer. I'll also take out insurance as soon as which was my biggest mistake with Luna.

thing is, I'm going to need a new set up. her crate is no way big enough for two bunnies to live in comfortably of a night time. along with that, I'll need a place for said new bun to stay until they're bonded. I don't have room for another stand alone cage in my room, and there is no where else in the house.

I know its not ideal as new bunny will be in her territory, but all bonding will be done in neutral territory and I'll be investing in pet remedy diffusers and disinfecting my room before new bun is home.

I've been hunting like mad for a suitable set up but nothing has a come of that :? I was thinking of a decent sized hutch that can have the top shut off from the bottom.. but it feels like they don't exist any more. no suitable sized dog crates to split down the middle either.

any ideas?? I need something with a lid... I do not trust them to not try and jump out :lol:

I can offer 140cm length and 60-70cm width of space (depends on the doors). they will be free range (eventually) in my room during the day and only away of a night since I need to sleep!!

In terms of bonding... if new bun is rescued maybe find a rescue that offers a bonding service. this way the bonding can be done away from her territory and you won't need to worry about a 2nd set up x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Luna is very depressed recently, she doesn't seem as happy and is extremely clingy to me. she's also not as tempted to eat unless I'm hand feeding her or in the room. I feel so bad for the little bun as clearly she's now craving a friend. I think I'm also ready to welcome a new bunny into my heart too.

I will not however be getting one until I know I can provide for both buns. hopefully my boyfriend is picking up a job soon (he is more than willing to help) and I'll be getting a job this summer. I'll also take out insurance as soon as which was my biggest mistake with Luna.

thing is, I'm going to need a new set up. her crate is no way big enough for two bunnies to live in comfortably of a night time. along with that, I'll need a place for said new bun to stay until they're bonded. I don't have room for another stand alone cage in my room, and there is no where else in the house.

I know its not ideal as new bunny will be in her territory, but all bonding will be done in neutral territory and I'll be investing in pet remedy diffusers and disinfecting my room before new bun is home.

I've been hunting like mad for a suitable set up but nothing has a come of that :? I was thinking of a decent sized hutch that can have the top shut off from the bottom.. but it feels like they don't exist any more. no suitable sized dog crates to split down the middle either.

any ideas?? I need something with a lid... I do not trust them to not try and jump out :lol:

I can offer 140cm length and 60-70cm width of space (depends on the doors). they will be free range (eventually) in my room during the day and only away of a night since I need to sleep!!
I’m afraid 140cm x 70 cm is too small for a rabbit/s to be shut in for any time at all. The rwaf recommendation is a 6ftx2ft hutch with a permanently attached run of 8ftx6ft giving a total minimum of 60 sq ft.

Could you use puppy panels to make a large run? Or bunny proof your room To avoid the need to be shut in at night ?

so far I haven't found a rex as I would really love one. I'm also really not happy sending her off for bonding as she's blind and that would stress her out. either way I need to change her living space as her dog crate wouldn't happily fit two bunnies.

the only space I can provide is the space I already stated. the most I can stretch it to is 150 by 70cm. there is no way to bunny proof my room, Luna will just jump on the bed and wake me up constantly. I have tried leaving her out of a night and it wasn't good for both of us. I can't change my bedroom at all for that, there is no way to cut my bed off to stop them. I too need to sleep and have my own well-being and well as Luna's. right now she has no issues and knows the routine by now, and often seems to sleep of a night when I do.

they will only be away for 8 hours of a night since I don't seem to sleep much more than that.

if I followed the RWAF, I'm quite honestly the worst bunny mom in the world since Snoopy was away of a night due to foxes and cats...along with many other things.

I guess I'll just have to leave Luna by herself?

thank you though.

Back