• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Again but strong sneezes

KCG

Warren Veteran
Cookie sneezes again, but this time stronger. He sneezes as if he has phlegm and this makes me very sad. :( He sneezes like in this video, but not in the form of an attack.

https://youtu.be/wZMnyD8m1Jw

I have a vet appointment for tomorrow afternoon it's our first time going here, I hope Cookie gets better. :(

Stress can induce a flare up of RTIs and he has had a stressful time with lots of travelling to a new Country. Rabbits tend to internalise stress and not show it in behavioural ways but it manifests itself in physiological ways. I hope the Vet will be helpful x

Stress can induce a flare up of RTIs and he has had a stressful time with lots of travelling to a new Country. Rabbits tend to internalise stress and not show it in behavioural ways but it manifests itself in physiological ways. I hope the Vet will be helpful x

I think that too. I think road stress may be causing this because he was fine when on the road. After the road ended, the sneezes started. Today we will have our first veterinary experience here. a reader of books found us a veterinary clinic with experience in rabbits before we came here. We will go there today, I trust this vet clinic a lot. I believe my cookie will finally be in the right hands. I hope he gets better fast, now I wrote a long history of illness for cookie, I'm thinking of showing it to the vet as well. Do you think I should talk about the history of Cookie?

I think that too. I think road stress may be causing this because he was fine when on the road. After the road ended, the sneezes started. Today we will have our first veterinary experience here. a reader of books found us a veterinary clinic with experience in rabbits before we came here. We will go there today, I trust this vet clinic a lot. I believe my cookie will finally be in the right hands. I hope he gets better fast, now I wrote a long history of illness for cookie, I'm thinking of showing it to the vet as well. Do you think I should talk about the history of Cookie?

Having some background history of previous symptoms and the names of the drugs prescribed would be helpful :)

Good luck with Cookies vet visit, I'm glad that Reader of Books was able to help with a vet, that has experience with rabbits. Let us know how he gets on xx

Yes, history-especially respiratory-will let vet know past treatments and test results.
Sending vibes.

Good luck with Cookies vet visit, I'm glad that Reader of Books was able to help with a vet, that has experience with rabbits. Let us know how he gets on xx

Yes, history-especially respiratory-will let vet know past treatments and test results.
Sending vibes.

Thank you both very much. I will take your advice into consideration and let you know after the vet.

We just came home from the vet. Clinic and vet were really great, they really understand rabbits. They were really experienced in this matter, for the first time I completely trusted the vet.

The vet said there was no infection in Cookie, says he may have a hay stuck in his nose or be allergic. I suspect this too, because a few days ago Cookie was constantly sticking his head in the hay in the tunnel. The vet talked and explained a lot to us. Now she made an appointment for 1 week later and told us to watch. If Cookie continues to sneeze after 1 week, the nose of Cookie will be viewed with a camera and x-rayed. I am happy that at least there is no infection.

We just came home from the vet. Clinic and vet were really great, they really understand rabbits. They were really experienced in this matter, for the first time I completely trusted the vet.

The vet said there was no infection in Cookie, says he may have a hay stuck in his nose or be allergic. I suspect this too, because a few days ago Cookie was constantly sticking his head in the hay in the tunnel. The vet talked and explained a lot to us. Now she made an appointment for 1 week later and told us to watch. If Cookie continues to sneeze after 1 week, the nose of Cookie will be viewed with a camera and x-rayed. I am happy that at least there is no infection.

That's really good news, so pleased that you now have a good vet who understands bunnies. Hope Cookie stops sneezing now xx

Aw, I'm sorry Cookie is sneezing again. I'm glad you're pleased with the vet and that they didn't see any infection, and that you have a plan going forward for what to do if he keeps sneezing. Sending Cookie a lot of vibes.

Aw, I'm sorry Cookie is sneezing again. I'm glad you're pleased with the vet and that they didn't see any infection, and that you have a plan going forward for what to do if he keeps sneezing. Sending Cookie a lot of vibes.

I also thank you for this, you found the vet for us. Today the sneezes continue, but seem less frequent. But next week we will go to the vet again, now we have every opportunity for Cookie, for that I am really thankful.

We're taking Cookie to the vet again tomorrow morning. The sneezes continue but Cookie looks good. Tomorrow Cookie will be checked again and it is planned to look at her nose with a camera and an x-ray.

Now we're home, Cookie good. Cookie has no disease, just allergies. The vet gave us some recommendations, we will implement them. Also, she didn't recommend life-long medication because she said it would have side effects, because Cookie is a happy bunny.

We made an appointment for Cookie for maxomitosis and rhvd vaccines. Also, cookie is a bit offended with me right now, I'm trying to peace.

Also, my migraine started from stress at the vet. I think I spoke the most ridiculous English of my life. It was as if I had forgotten the language I knew. :lol:

Back